Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by age: 30-35
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.1

This is a lovely primer, that gives a smooth base for foundation.

In warm, humid weather, I put it on straight after washing, without any moisturiser (I have dry skin).

I put my bb cream over the top, and the combination gives just enough moisture, and lasts all day.

This product isn't greasy like many other silicone primers.

THIS is my holy grail of primers of all times (so far, lol!), because somehow this one in "adjust" which is a kinda greenish color really does alot to even out my skin color, which has some red tones to it. It even work better than the original Photo Finish primer, I think, which has probably something to do with the formula. It makes my makeup stay in place all day, stay flawless too and I'm overall satisfied with it. 5 stars!!! Of course I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Does exactly what it is supposed to. Like spackle for your face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as in a travel size at Sephora and I think it will last for quite a while (without breaking the bank). I like this a lot - as both a good silicone primer and a redness reducer. I have slight redness from rosacea and this helps, without completely removing the redness. It goes on light but provides good coverage. Definitely like it better than Eucerin Redness Relief

No breakouts or oiliness.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased the small tube from the "impulse buy" section by the registers at Sephora. I'm really happy that I did! The small travel size tube fits in my make-up bag so I always have it on me, and it lasts forever! I bought this in the green tint and I'm one of the few that this product really does work to reduce the redness. I have lupus so I have a butterfuly rash of red across my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I won't say this gets me completely even toned, but I definitely noticed a softening of my skin tone. I put it on when I got back to my office and my friend noticed an immediate difference - with no foundation or powder over it! It coats my dry skin nicely, and doesn't dry out. I won't wear it all day though - it's more of a going out only product since if I wear it all day and night it tends to cause a slight breakout. Still, for what I paid and the results I get, I'm very happy with it.

on 12/26/2008 10:01:00 AM

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and I'd love it. I wear makeup everyday and use this everytime, I figure a bottle lasts me about 3 months.

Yes, I agree with the others - the green tint does nothing to cover up any redness like it claims, but I don't have a ton to cover up - I just didn't know WHICH color to buy, so I went out on limb and figured if I had a pimple, maybe it would help reduce any redness from that.

Anyway, I use one "pump" of the cream and distribute on both cheeks, forehead, nose and chin then rub in with my fingertips all over my face and eyelids.

What I like about it is that it makes a very smooth face that is silky to touch and keeps my oily face shine free for the day. I use Bare Escentuals makeup and combined with the primer and their Mineral Veil - I no longer look like an oil slick by the afternoon!

on 5/22/2008 4:51:00 PM

I am so torn on this product. I bought a travel-size tube at Ulta, which cost 17.00. I like that price, and the tube packaging better than the regular packaging. I loved how my face looked wearing this - it really smoothed and neutralized everything, even before putting on my foundation, and it made my foundation apply like a dream. I love the feel of this primer on my face.

Unfortunately, after wearing it only a few times, I began breaking out. This is one of the few products I have ever worn that has done this to me. I stopped wearing the primer, and my face cleared up promptly.

I have to pass on buying this again, as much as I loved it, I don't love it enough to endure breaking out. I should really probably give it a 3, but I can't express how much I liked how it looked and felt on my face - so I'm bumping it up a lippie.

on 2/16/2006 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I didn't think it did much because when I wore it alone, it didn't seem to mask my red patches. I was using Philosophy's The Present before and thought they were about the same. THEN I decided to stop and either use nothing or use The Present and that is when I realized how much this product made my foundation look nicer and stay on better. My foundation just glides on when I'm using this product and it doesn't fade during the day. My face just looks brighter and smoother. I'm going to definitely keep on using this.

on 12/22/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this because i find that my skin aroung my nose gets very red....especially now that i am pregnant again. i thought that the green tint to the primer would cut some of the red...and it does a little. not wonderful aside from that. my makeup doesn't last much longer with this on. i do find if i put this on with just the studio fix powder it lasts a bit better than if i used the powder on its own. as a primer its nothing special but i like the tint. its subtle and a bit effective even. sum up...not the best but not the worst

I bought a small size of this on impulse because I tend to have some redness on my nose and had hoped that this would help with that. Like some of the other reviewers, I didn't notice any difference in the redness using this compared to not using it. But as a primer, the texture was silky and not greasy, so I didn't give it a lower rating.