Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the travel size redness corrector (green). I read a lot of complaints that it "doesn't work", mostly because they don't let it set for a min or two, then the skin evens out. I did just that and it works really well. I have two evils about my skin-oily and red. I use mufe step 1 mattifying for the oil and then I use this. I realized that it still has the smoothing properties of the regular photofinish primer, so I may also skip the Dr Brandt primer step that I layer over the mufe to make my foundation blend evenly and not patchy.

This is a lovely primer, that gives a smooth base for foundation.

In warm, humid weather, I put it on straight after washing, without any moisturiser (I have dry skin).

I put my bb cream over the top, and the combination gives just enough moisture, and lasts all day.

This product isn't greasy like many other silicone primers.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

FYI: My skin: NC20, asian, easily congested, and sensitive.

I bought this because my face (to be specific, cheeks) can turn red easily (Weather, alcohol) and I was envious of girls whose face color matched their body. Anyway, I tried the GREEN (adjust) not believing that it can even out my skin, and it did - not only did it help even out my skin color, but my pores were minimized, and gave me angelic dewiness....I felt like I wasn't looking at my own skin in the mirror! I love how my skin looks with this on, so much better than without makeup. Any foundation you put on goes so much smoother. Now I can't wait to use the original and see how I do with it!

Will continue to use.

on 9/19/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

idk why this is not green in the picture, mine is green though! i have used this for years, it has never broken me out, and always makes my skin look much nicer when applied. i have red undertones, and this somewhat masks them...only slightly though. i am not using this currently because i want to try out other primers, and this one didn't seem to help my skin with oil control. i suggest this primer if your skin is combination/ dry, and you want to wear a light coverage foundation, or even tinted moisturizer. it is expensive but it will last you a decent amount of time, i only use two pumps daily. foundation applies so nicely over this. this used to come in a glass container, it now is plastic. i'm not sure which i prefer considering the container was changed several years ago. HG status.

on 7/24/2012 12:35:00 PM

This is my all time favourite primer ever ! This primer is perfect for most skin types and most foundations ! I love love love it! I think I have bought 3/4 of these primers ad will defiantly be purchasing again once I have used it all up ! I have never had problems with my skin caused by this product. And I find it helps foundations stay in place for a lot longer than they usually would. I find this primer lasts a really long time and a little goes a long way ! The packaging is great as you can control how much of the product you would like and I think this primer should be a staple piece in most girls make up routines ! I know Smashbox can be a little pricey at times but do not let this put you off as it is worth it's weight in gold ! If you are unsure about purchasing this product I am sure the girls at your local Smashbox counter could give you a Sample to try over a few days.

on 1/4/2012 4:56:00 AM

my favorite primer!
its the only primer that works for me. i wanted a primer that would help with acne scarring and this seems to be the best one i've found (from the other's i've used)
the only downside is the price i paid $38 at nordies, but i don't mind paying for something that works well for me.
since it is a silicone based primer i've heard that it could cause breakouts, but i haven't had any from this primer. also this primer isn't very friendly to oily t-zones but that's something a lil touch up can fix :)
definitely worth the money (at least for me)

on 10/4/2011 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is for the ORIGINAL Smashbox Jumbo Photo Finish Foundation Primer in 2oz tube. I paid $49 for this although regular price is $72. I absolutely LOVE this primer. I've tried several others and this is one of my top 3! Simplifies the application of my makeup and makes it last MUCH longer. I have noticed this doesn't have many good reviews and I don't understand why but this is something that I cannot live without as of now. Wish it was cheaper! A *TEENY* tube of this is $16 at ULTA!

on 9/7/2011 11:32:00 AM

I bought 2 trail sizes (0.5 oz each) at Sephora for $34 instead of a full size 1 oz for $38, why they price them that way I have no idea. Same amount of product for $4 less. I use 1/3 of a dime size and then foundation over it. The foundation last all day....even in FL weather, it's amazing. I have no breakout from this product, maybe because I use so little? As with other reviewers had said, the correcting really don't help much with toning down reddess, but it's okay. I still love this product.

on 3/28/2011 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the BEST! I have hyperpigmentation and post-acne scarring predominately on my chin and lower cheeks. I don't want to wear a heavy foundation as a cover up, however, resort to that as I haven't found a way to cover it comfortably. Also, even when I do all the steps to have a "flawless" face (must be a word made up by a marketing guru somewhere because it's really not reality) i.e. cleanse, exfoliate, moisturizer, etc., it seems my makeup doesn't have a "smoothness" to it. Oh yes - I have tried many foundations. I cannot believe the difference this product makes in helping my makeup go on so smoothly and last longer! Need to be careful with this product - a little goes a long way and it seems if too much is used, would yield unsatisfactory results. I would caution to use the oil-free product if oiler skin.

on 1/6/2011 7:25:00 PM

Actually, only the green is called Adjust.

Anyway, I hated Smashbox's foundation but love their Adjust primer! Like the Camera Ready full coverage foundation I tried, it's expensive for the amount of product you get. But this one is worth it.

Though it's a primer, it can be worn on its own. I do this sometimes, as it does not make me look like I belong in Dawn of the Dead as I imagined slathering a green-colored lotion on my face would! It does seem to "adjust" red tones somewhat, but I'm not sure if it makes foundation stay on longer.

The best part is the texture. I suppose a lot of skin products claim they feel like silk, but for me, this is one of the few that feels a way that immediately calls to mind "silky": glides on very smoothly, yet somehow does this despite being the opposite of greasy. (Does anyone here know about any other, preferably cheaper, products that have the same texture as this one?)