Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by age: 30-35
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I try a lot of different products to hide the flaws that I have. Redness is one of them, so I thought that this might be a good solution to help camouflage. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

This did not perform the way I thought it would. I usually shy away from silicone based primers, but the color correcting properties drew me to this, and I bought it anyway. I should have went with my instinct, because when I first applied, I had that horrible slippery feeling on my face that I just do not like. I let it set for 10 minutes, and did not notice a huge difference in the unevenness and overall redness of my face. I applied my foundation, and color wise, it looked the same as when I use primers that I like the texture of.

I tried a few more times with different foundations to give this a fair shake, but I really do not feel like it performs the way it is described as performing. It is green in color, but sheer when applied and didn't see any correcting in my skin. I returned it, and will not repurchase.

(As a side note: Smashbox primers are very difficult to get the last of the product out of their bottles. I have purchased 2 of their hydrating primers and cut the bottle both times to get to the remaining product. That is why I rated the packaging as low as I did).

on 5/5/2008 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Would not repurchase.

This product has a nice glide and I'm sure it added some extra moisturization to my skin, but that's about all it did. I need something that will lessen the redness around my nose and the broken blood vessels on my left cheek-- and this wasn't it. I usually just use concealer to great effect but I thought that it would be a treat to myself to purchase this just for that problem area and it was a waste of $.

Lesson learned: check the mua boards and stop making impulse purchases!

on 11/6/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This stuff is awful. I was hoping it would tone down my redness (mostly nose-area, thanks to allergies that leave me just sort of perpetually splotchy to a certain degree). The green is barely perceptible and does nothing to neutralize the red. As a primer it's even worse - my makeup smears together (eye makeup) and/or balls up (most foundations); one way or the other, my makeup has worn off far earlier in the day than it does without the primer. Won't even finish it up.

I really hate this stuff, #1 it broke me out everytime I would use it, it clogged my pores so badly. It felt like I had a mask on under my makeup and on top of that the price was high, def will not be making this purchase again!

on 2/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a good foundation primer that wouldn't make my already-oily skin worse, and that would tone down the red in my complexion. This goes on nice and smooth, and makes makeup go on smoother...but that's about it. Doesn't tone down my redness any (or at least none that I notice) and doesn't really seem to make my makeup last longer. I will look for something better. Especially since I paid almost $40 for it.

on 6/21/2007 10:25:00 PM

This is not a good product as it doesn't do what it claims to do. I bought with great hope, in green, to correct for the pink undertones in my skin. Although it did prep my skin nicely for foundation, it did nothing for my redness, it was still visible. I will be going back to what always worked for me, Lorac neutralizer.
Note: if you have a chance go to Sephora to try make up out; either you'll receive a free sample (always upon request), or you'll be able to return a used product without question if not happy with it, it is my mecca for beauty shopping, I have avoided many bad purchases by trying products outh with Sephora

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the green-tinted version of Photo Finish Primer. This is supposed to neutralize red areas and function as makeup primer, just like the clear original. While I didn't end up with a green face, this really made no apparent reduction of redness. I don't think it worked as well as the original as a makeup primer, either. I rated the original clear Photo Finish as 4 or 5 lippies. Skip this one, or ask a Smashbox rep for a sample before buying.

on 12/22/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this because i find that my skin aroung my nose gets very red....especially now that i am pregnant again. i thought that the green tint to the primer would cut some of the red...and it does a little. not wonderful aside from that. my makeup doesn't last much longer with this on. i do find if i put this on with just the studio fix powder it lasts a bit better than if i used the powder on its own. as a primer its nothing special but i like the tint. its subtle and a bit effective even. sum up...not the best but not the worst

I bought a small size of this on impulse because I tend to have some redness on my nose and had hoped that this would help with that. Like some of the other reviewers, I didn't notice any difference in the redness using this compared to not using it. But as a primer, the texture was silky and not greasy, so I didn't give it a lower rating.

It did even out skin pores and scars, but it didn't do that great of a job color correcting. I was satisfied with it and thought I'd probably buy again until my face started to break out.