Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I try a lot of different products to hide the flaws that I have. Redness is one of them, so I thought that this might be a good solution to help camouflage. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

This did not perform the way I thought it would. I usually shy away from silicone based primers, but the color correcting properties drew me to this, and I bought it anyway. I should have went with my instinct, because when I first applied, I had that horrible slippery feeling on my face that I just do not like. I let it set for 10 minutes, and did not notice a huge difference in the unevenness and overall redness of my face. I applied my foundation, and color wise, it looked the same as when I use primers that I like the texture of.

I tried a few more times with different foundations to give this a fair shake, but I really do not feel like it performs the way it is described as performing. It is green in color, but sheer when applied and didn't see any correcting in my skin. I returned it, and will not repurchase.

(As a side note: Smashbox primers are very difficult to get the last of the product out of their bottles. I have purchased 2 of their hydrating primers and cut the bottle both times to get to the remaining product. That is why I rated the packaging as low as I did).

on 2/25/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in both the original white coloured "oil free" formula and in the green "colour correcting" formula. I much prefer the white "oil free" one, though I don't love either of them. The green one did nothing for my redness, did not spread very well (you need a ton to cover your whole face) and started to ball up when i would apply my foundation. I notice no difference between using no primer, and using the green one. The consistency of it is just blah. I much prefer the Lise Watier green primer or the Pur minerals one. Will definitely not repurchase a smashbox primer, especially at such a high price ($40 CAD).

on 7/8/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the travel sized tube of the green primer. I have rosacea and was trying to find something to neutralize the redness. I can only describe this as a sheer green makeup that did nothing to correct redness. It just made me look sick, plus it broke me out. I have since found the Everyday Minerals mint green corrector which is great at correcting the redness. I wouldn't recommend the Smashbox green primer at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the 2 worst primers I have every used (and what's worse, I bought the full sized bottle!) I was hoping this would neutralize the redness in some areas of my face (around my nose, mostly). Well, it didn't neutralize anything at all but it did give an unholy, sickly cast to my face and when I attempted to put concealer or foundation overtop (realizing I couldn't just wear this on its own), it balled up and made things even worse. Dreadful product - I would have expected more from Smashbox (more fool me; the other "worst primer" was their original one - also purchased in a full sized bottle). The only "good" thing I can say about either of these primers is that the packaging (pump bottle) is excellent you don't end up pumping out more than you need.

on 6/1/2011 6:01:00 PM

Went on beautifully. Broke my skin out horribly. This is the first primer I've ever tried and to be honest I'm now of the mind that I won't try another.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily/combo skin with redness, it does not do much in terms of color correcting, and i dont know if it's because of the way /amount of producting im using, but it just balls up and dosen't settle into my skin, After trial and error i have realised that when i wear this primer, my makeup melts off even quicker, and my foundation goes on patchy! this product simply did not work for me

on 3/18/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish I had read the reviews before puchasing this terrible gunk! I had the worst break out of my life from using this stuff. I thought it was from the new foundation I had bought. It turns out it was this stuff! It took me weeks to try ellimianting my new foundation and a night cream to discover this was the culprit! It was the purple one. I have used the photo finish light in the past and never had problems. This is going in the garbage!!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CAUTION!!!!

This primer is absolutely terrible. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this caused me the worst breakout ever!! Within an hour, I broke out in in large, irritated cystic acne. Absolutely horrible. I you have acne-prone skin, stay away from this product!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I bought the green one when I was on Obagi - to help with my red skin at the time.
- I found the consistency quite 'watery' and didn't find it sat well on my skin.
- Made my skin look quite shiny
- Rolled off in balls when I applied my foundation.
- Didn't use it again - Got the full bottle still sitting on my shelf.
- I woundn't recommend.

on 5/5/2008 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Would not repurchase.

This product has a nice glide and I'm sure it added some extra moisturization to my skin, but that's about all it did. I need something that will lessen the redness around my nose and the broken blood vessels on my left cheek-- and this wasn't it. I usually just use concealer to great effect but I thought that it would be a treat to myself to purchase this just for that problem area and it was a waste of $.

Lesson learned: check the mua boards and stop making impulse purchases!