Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

on 7/8/2005 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Guess I'm the lone fan of this. What I like about it is that the green blends in to my skin well, toning down the red without leaving an obvious green shade. Of course, I wear foundation over it, but it helps cut the red before the foundation goes to work. Since I want to wear a primer anyway (to make my makeup last), why not wear one that will help reduce redness? You can feel the silicon in this, but it doesn't feel too slick like some silicon products. I am not worried about getting product out of the bottom of this. Any product with a pump, when I get to the end, I just turn the bottle over and let the remainder go into a small jar, and use it up that way.

on 8/12/2005 10:52:00 AM

I like the color, but the consistency has changed and I am literally having to scrape it out of the bottle with the tube end of the pump. SUCH a disappointment. I am going back to my English Ideas.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is the green-tinted version of Photo Finish Primer. This is supposed to neutralize red areas and function as makeup primer, just like the clear original. While I didn't end up with a green face, this really made no apparent reduction of redness. I don't think it worked as well as the original as a makeup primer, either. I rated the original clear Photo Finish as 4 or 5 lippies. Skip this one, or ask a Smashbox rep for a sample before buying.

on 11/17/2005 3:10:00 AM

this has been so helpful to me. i have rosacea and my cheeks and nose are red. when i use this i don't have to conceal everything (i was using amazing, which is great and covers anything). so it saves me lots of time in the am -- i can use bareminerals or smashbox's tinted moisturizer and just spot-conceal. family has complemented my skin lately -- mom thought i was all cleared up! and when i wash my makeup off at night, the redness is still there...

only complaint is that it is greasy. i don't put it everywhere, just where i need it. then i wait a little bit to let it sink in and use powder.

i wish i found this a long time ago -- it's really helped boost my confidence.

so w/o true redness, i would say stick to the clear. that formula feels lighter on anyway.

on 12/13/2005 12:09:00 PM

Works well as a primer, I suppose. It decreases the red a little (not a ton). My main complaint is that it makes my skin oilier. Overall, good primer.

This is the best make up base i'ver tried. It reduces my fine lines and pores. My skin appear visibly softer with a smooth velvet finish. I also apply it under my eyes, & it allows my concealer (also from smashbox) to stay on, looking smoother & brighter! I've never experience any break out that most reviews have mentioned. But i do feel the the cap tend to fall off easily. Other than that, It's a great product! I'll definately recommend this to my friends.

I would never ever use this product again (mostly thanks to the lovely return policy at Sephora). I thought the green color would help to eliminate the slight redness across the bridge of my nose. Instead, it caused me to break out and left me quite shiny. I much prefer the MAC Prep+Prime.

on 1/12/2006 2:05:00 PM

I like the feel of this product and it reduces my redness somewhat. It really makes my Bare Minerals go on nice and smooth. BUT...the packaging is the worst! my pump doesn't even work anymore and I have to scape the sides to get the stuff out! For $38, I'm sure there's a better color corrector out there...

on 1/29/2006 3:03:00 AM

i am a light skinned asian (but not deathly pale) my face turns red at the slightest rise of temp. which has been a complex for a long time. however, the green tone corrector helps mattify my face ( i am oily) and evens out the tone. i used to use mac's green color corrector mixed with philosophy's "thre present" but now i can omit two products and just use one! LOVE it! and it lasts all day too! p.s. it felt really oily when i felt it at the counter, but it's the soy bean oil. it just feels a tad oily but not oily on the face. so oily girls, don't be scared of this!

on 2/16/2006 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I didn't think it did much because when I wore it alone, it didn't seem to mask my red patches. I was using Philosophy's The Present before and thought they were about the same. THEN I decided to stop and either use nothing or use The Present and that is when I realized how much this product made my foundation look nicer and stay on better. My foundation just glides on when I'm using this product and it doesn't fade during the day. My face just looks brighter and smoother. I'm going to definitely keep on using this.