Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

I recently purchased the green primer and regret it, it makes no difference to the redness from scars and acne and around my nose. No staying power or better looking makeup either. Sad as I used to use the original photo finish primer years ago and it wasn't that bad. If you want a good primer and redness correct use DHC velvet skin (really good!) and a green concealer on red areas afterwards, prior to foundation application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This primer dried out my face ( i have combination skin ) , foundation looked cakey and uneven...better without this primer. Will not buy Smashbox again.

To Read all 131 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So, I have really oily skin and I've been trying out averything to keep my make up there for more than 5 minutes, and since I finally got rid of acne I now can use real make up. I bought the green one - color adjust because someone with my skin type recomended and so I decided to try out. It expensive but well, I thought it was better than nothing... It is good, not excellent, which I expected for the price. It helps my make up stay for about 5 hours which is not what I expected. I let it sit for 2 minutes and most importantly DONT USE TOO MUCH, you have to use just enough to cover all your face but it doesnt have to feel oily because it does the opposite of what you want. I think it is GOOD for normal-little oily skin but not so much for super oily...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the travel size redness corrector (green). I read a lot of complaints that it "doesn't work", mostly because they don't let it set for a min or two, then the skin evens out. I did just that and it works really well. I have two evils about my skin-oily and red. I use mufe step 1 mattifying for the oil and then I use this. I realized that it still has the smoothing properties of the regular photofinish primer, so I may also skip the Dr Brandt primer step that I layer over the mufe to make my foundation blend evenly and not patchy.

I have this in the green (redness correcting) shade. It is fantastic and glides on amazingly. It even makes your skin look more even without foundation! Only downside is the price tag of around 50-60 dollars in Australia.

on 8/8/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the clear photo finish primer and the green color correcting primer. They are both really good primers. The photo finish works really good on my oily skin it doesn't necessarily mattify my skin but it does control a bit of my oils, blurs out some on my large pores and creates a smooth canvas for my foundation. The green color corrector primer cancels out my redness. When I do a full on glam look I like to apply my oil control moisturizer first, then the green color corrector usually only around my cheek area and around my nose where I have redness, and then the photo finish primer. My makeup looks pretty nice. I do really recommend the photo finish primer, but you can skip the green corrector primer for a cheaper alternative (maybe L.A. Girl pro Green corrector) and it will do the job just as good.

on 4/4/2015 11:06:00 PM

I purchased the smaller size green shade at Sephora last summer and I finally just finished it.

I find that it didn't do anything to counteract any redness and it was just like any other regular primer.

I have a NYX primer that I like a lot better than this and their full size is cheaper than the mini of this one!

Also, I saw a great video on YT recently. If you do like any of these primers, it is a lot cheaper to buy two of the small ones rather than the full size. It equals out to be the exact same amount of product!

I've been looking for a face primer to increase the longevity of my make-up. Typically, my makeup only lasts for a couple of hours before I have to touch-up, but with this product it lasts all day (8-9 hrs). It exceeded my expectations on that account. My skin is very easily irritated and I have redness on my cheek bones and T-Zone that are hard to cover, which is why I opted for this color correcting primer from Smashbox. It is green, but goes on clear. It's extremely lightweight and feels velvety smooth going on. I love it! I will say I see the best results when I allow the primer to set for a few minutes before adding a BB cream or foundation. Overall, this is the best experience I've had with a primer and I can't imagine trying anything else. I do wish the full-size bottle wasn't so expensive ($40), but in this case the product is worth the price. I originally purchased a travel size bottle (only $12), which lasted 6 months. The key is to make sure you're using very small amounts of the product, no more than what is absolutely necessary. This product provides good coverage so you shouldn't need much.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I try a lot of different products to hide the flaws that I have. Redness is one of them, so I thought that this might be a good solution to help camouflage. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

This did not perform the way I thought it would. I usually shy away from silicone based primers, but the color correcting properties drew me to this, and I bought it anyway. I should have went with my instinct, because when I first applied, I had that horrible slippery feeling on my face that I just do not like. I let it set for 10 minutes, and did not notice a huge difference in the unevenness and overall redness of my face. I applied my foundation, and color wise, it looked the same as when I use primers that I like the texture of.

I tried a few more times with different foundations to give this a fair shake, but I really do not feel like it performs the way it is described as performing. It is green in color, but sheer when applied and didn't see any correcting in my skin. I returned it, and will not repurchase.

(As a side note: Smashbox primers are very difficult to get the last of the product out of their bottles. I have purchased 2 of their hydrating primers and cut the bottle both times to get to the remaining product. That is why I rated the packaging as low as I did).

OK, so I have very red, splotchy skin after I wash my face, it's easily irritated by slightest touch! this primer is great! I got it in green, bc of course green counteracts redness, and I just love how Well it corrects my redness. I have very acne prone skin and this does not seem to trigger any new break outs which is automatically fantastic in my book bc I Usually try to avoid primers for that reason. if anything it seems to even be helping, along with my blemish control routine I'm following! I love this bc it's extremely lightweight, doesn't feel disgusting like most drugstore primers, and it's almost a satin feeling, which I love. it's made a world of difference in how my foundation applies and stays put a good 5 hours of my workday, I tend to need to powder by hour 6. but Hey ill take it. I really love this primer and Usually I despise primers