Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by age: 44-55
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

on 3/31/2013 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have rosacea and I LOVE the green version of this for covering up the redness in my cheeks. Within seconds of applying it, I can see the redness drain from my cheeks.

It's amazing, incredible, wonderful but I don't like applying it all over my face because it does leave a greenish cast.

I removed one lippie because it is expensive. Fortunately, I use a pea sized amount so it lasts a long time. Another reason for no perfect score is that it does dry my cheeks out. I have dry skin already and this doesn't help with the dehydration.

Overall, reducing the redness trumps any other issues I have. It's almost a miracle product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the 2 worst primers I have every used (and what's worse, I bought the full sized bottle!) I was hoping this would neutralize the redness in some areas of my face (around my nose, mostly). Well, it didn't neutralize anything at all but it did give an unholy, sickly cast to my face and when I attempted to put concealer or foundation overtop (realizing I couldn't just wear this on its own), it balled up and made things even worse. Dreadful product - I would have expected more from Smashbox (more fool me; the other "worst primer" was their original one - also purchased in a full sized bottle). The only "good" thing I can say about either of these primers is that the packaging (pump bottle) is excellent you don't end up pumping out more than you need.

on 3/28/2011 12:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the BEST! I have hyperpigmentation and post-acne scarring predominately on my chin and lower cheeks. I don't want to wear a heavy foundation as a cover up, however, resort to that as I haven't found a way to cover it comfortably. Also, even when I do all the steps to have a "flawless" face (must be a word made up by a marketing guru somewhere because it's really not reality) i.e. cleanse, exfoliate, moisturizer, etc., it seems my makeup doesn't have a "smoothness" to it. Oh yes - I have tried many foundations. I cannot believe the difference this product makes in helping my makeup go on so smoothly and last longer! Need to be careful with this product - a little goes a long way and it seems if too much is used, would yield unsatisfactory results. I would caution to use the oil-free product if oiler skin.

on 1/17/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the green primer, to combat my red skin patches, on the recommendation of a few people at Sephora. It does NOTHING to get rid of the red...... it might work as a makeup primer, but why spend so much for something advertised to combat red when it doesn't do that? Bad purchase, and bad recommendation from people who probably know nothing about REALLY sensitive skin.

on 3/8/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am in the minority here, I purchased the mauve shade. Its the 1 oz size in a pump. I have always been using the clear primer & loving it. It does its job by allowing me to spread liquid or cream fdn thin & even. I was always skeptical of using a mauve primer due to past experience when I was a teen (can't remember the brand, I believe it no longer exist). It left my skin with a greyish cast, but not with this primer. It brightens up the skin (yellow-beige NC 30), very believably & naturally, even if I deliberately over-applied it. And, no, it does not even out or cover up any flaws, thats the job for the fdn & concealer. It mattifies, just like the clear version, which allows the liquid fdn to go on thinly & evenly. It was Can$ 48 at Sephora, a bit pricey but it will last me at least 10-12 months.

on 11/25/2007 10:24:00 PM

Provides a smooth base for foundation but doesn't do much in correcting color. It doesn't feel oily when I put it on in the morning but my face becomes very shiny in the afternoon. Of course when the base melts, everything on it melts too.

on 7/8/2005 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Guess I'm the lone fan of this. What I like about it is that the green blends in to my skin well, toning down the red without leaving an obvious green shade. Of course, I wear foundation over it, but it helps cut the red before the foundation goes to work. Since I want to wear a primer anyway (to make my makeup last), why not wear one that will help reduce redness? You can feel the silicon in this, but it doesn't feel too slick like some silicon products. I am not worried about getting product out of the bottom of this. Any product with a pump, when I get to the end, I just turn the bottle over and let the remainder go into a small jar, and use it up that way.