Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by age: 36-43
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

2.1

on 7/8/2012 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased the travel sized tube of the green primer. I have rosacea and was trying to find something to neutralize the redness. I can only describe this as a sheer green makeup that did nothing to correct redness. It just made me look sick, plus it broke me out. I have since found the Everyday Minerals mint green corrector which is great at correcting the redness. I wouldn't recommend the Smashbox green primer at all.

on 9/7/2011 11:32:00 AM

I bought 2 trail sizes (0.5 oz each) at Sephora for $34 instead of a full size 1 oz for $38, why they price them that way I have no idea. Same amount of product for $4 less. I use 1/3 of a dime size and then foundation over it. The foundation last all day....even in FL weather, it's amazing. I have no breakout from this product, maybe because I use so little? As with other reviewers had said, the correcting really don't help much with toning down reddess, but it's okay. I still love this product.

on 6/1/2011 6:01:00 PM

Went on beautifully. Broke my skin out horribly. This is the first primer I've ever tried and to be honest I'm now of the mind that I won't try another.

on 4/9/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of the green Adjust from Sephora (wanted to try it before I bought it). It did an "eh" job at covering the redness in my cheeks, nose and chin. I applied it with a brush as I didn't want to use it all over my face and it balled up or pilled everywhere I applied it. It was kinda gross. I felt like everytime I applied it, half would ball up and fall off. I don't think I would ever actually purchase this product.

on 3/18/2011 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish I had read the reviews before puchasing this terrible gunk! I had the worst break out of my life from using this stuff. I thought it was from the new foundation I had bought. It turns out it was this stuff! It took me weeks to try ellimianting my new foundation and a night cream to discover this was the culprit! It was the purple one. I have used the photo finish light in the past and never had problems. This is going in the garbage!!!!

PROS: Did have a nice smooth feel. Those who don't like to contaminate the product with their fingers will like that this comes in a pump.

CONS: Did almost nothing for my pores. Wasteful packaging. Product often separated. Left me VERY oily and broke me out. Maybe there's a chance they've changed the formula since I tried this years ago.

ALTERNATES: You may like L'oreal's Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base instead, to fill in pores and make makeup last longer, even though it doesn't address redness (but make sure you let it "set" a minute first.)

APPLICATION TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser..

***The "Adjust" version of this color correcting primer is the green bottle***

on 3/24/2009 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Even though I've read the reviews here, I STILL fell for this product (green for redness) at the impulse box at Sephora checkout. (How $17 is an impulse purchase, I'm not sure.) It feels nice but does nothing for my redness. I tried instead mixing a very small amount of physician's formula green concealer cream (small tube) with a little Olay regenerist serum, and got basically the same texture but much better redness cancelling properties. This is going back to Sephora today.

This is a great idea but I found that it just doesnt work. I am fair skin with some redness on my chin and around my nose. I happen to like the smashbox primer but found the tinted green was a waste.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

No. While I did like the foundation this product set on my skin, it did nothing to overcome my redness or other imperfections. I am now using Prescriptives Magic Illuminating Potion Red Neutralizer and am much more satisfied with the way my skin looks (see review).

on 10/14/2006 6:47:00 AM

This primer does not do much of anything for my redness, but as a primer, it's pretty good. I did notice, as have others, that my face got shiny with this primer. Then I figured out that it was because I was using too much product. Now I use only a tiny bit, which does the job without making my face oily. I too, bought the tube version rather than the pump version. I like the tubes because they are more portable and the product comes out easier. Look for the small tubes at Sephora.