Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by age: 30-35
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

My skin is far from perfect, and I try a lot of different products to hide the flaws that I have. Redness is one of them, so I thought that this might be a good solution to help camouflage. I have 3 lines (not fine, but not deep yet) on my forehead, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have combination skin, normal in the cheek and forehead area, oily in the TZone. I have melasma on both of my cheeks that resulted from sun exposure when I was pregnant. As well as red marks from blemishes from when I was a teenager.

This did not perform the way I thought it would. I usually shy away from silicone based primers, but the color correcting properties drew me to this, and I bought it anyway. I should have went with my instinct, because when I first applied, I had that horrible slippery feeling on my face that I just do not like. I let it set for 10 minutes, and did not notice a huge difference in the unevenness and overall redness of my face. I applied my foundation, and color wise, it looked the same as when I use primers that I like the texture of.

I tried a few more times with different foundations to give this a fair shake, but I really do not feel like it performs the way it is described as performing. It is green in color, but sheer when applied and didn't see any correcting in my skin. I returned it, and will not repurchase.

(As a side note: Smashbox primers are very difficult to get the last of the product out of their bottles. I have purchased 2 of their hydrating primers and cut the bottle both times to get to the remaining product. That is why I rated the packaging as low as I did).

on 11/6/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This stuff is awful. I was hoping it would tone down my redness (mostly nose-area, thanks to allergies that leave me just sort of perpetually splotchy to a certain degree). The green is barely perceptible and does nothing to neutralize the red. As a primer it's even worse - my makeup smears together (eye makeup) and/or balls up (most foundations); one way or the other, my makeup has worn off far earlier in the day than it does without the primer. Won't even finish it up.

This is a lovely primer, that gives a smooth base for foundation.

In warm, humid weather, I put it on straight after washing, without any moisturiser (I have dry skin).

I put my bb cream over the top, and the combination gives just enough moisture, and lasts all day.

This product isn't greasy like many other silicone primers.

I really hate this stuff, #1 it broke me out everytime I would use it, it clogged my pores so badly. It felt like I had a mask on under my makeup and on top of that the price was high, def will not be making this purchase again!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as in a travel size at Sephora and I think it will last for quite a while (without breaking the bank). I like this a lot - as both a good silicone primer and a redness reducer. I have slight redness from rosacea and this helps, without completely removing the redness. It goes on light but provides good coverage. Definitely like it better than Eucerin Redness Relief

No breakouts or oiliness.

on 2/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I was looking for a good foundation primer that wouldn't make my already-oily skin worse, and that would tone down the red in my complexion. This goes on nice and smooth, and makes makeup go on smoother...but that's about it. Doesn't tone down my redness any (or at least none that I notice) and doesn't really seem to make my makeup last longer. I will look for something better. Especially since I paid almost $40 for it.

THIS is my holy grail of primers of all times (so far, lol!), because somehow this one in "adjust" which is a kinda greenish color really does alot to even out my skin color, which has some red tones to it. It even work better than the original Photo Finish primer, I think, which has probably something to do with the formula. It makes my makeup stay in place all day, stay flawless too and I'm overall satisfied with it. 5 stars!!! Of course I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/22/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this because i find that my skin aroung my nose gets very red....especially now that i am pregnant again. i thought that the green tint to the primer would cut some of the red...and it does a little. not wonderful aside from that. my makeup doesn't last much longer with this on. i do find if i put this on with just the studio fix powder it lasts a bit better than if i used the powder on its own. as a primer its nothing special but i like the tint. its subtle and a bit effective even. sum up...not the best but not the worst

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased the small tube from the "impulse buy" section by the registers at Sephora. I'm really happy that I did! The small travel size tube fits in my make-up bag so I always have it on me, and it lasts forever! I bought this in the green tint and I'm one of the few that this product really does work to reduce the redness. I have lupus so I have a butterfuly rash of red across my cheeks and bridge of my nose. I won't say this gets me completely even toned, but I definitely noticed a softening of my skin tone. I put it on when I got back to my office and my friend noticed an immediate difference - with no foundation or powder over it! It coats my dry skin nicely, and doesn't dry out. I won't wear it all day though - it's more of a going out only product since if I wear it all day and night it tends to cause a slight breakout. Still, for what I paid and the results I get, I'm very happy with it.

I bought a small size of this on impulse because I tend to have some redness on my nose and had hoped that this would help with that. Like some of the other reviewers, I didn't notice any difference in the redness using this compared to not using it. But as a primer, the texture was silky and not greasy, so I didn't give it a lower rating.