Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by age: 19-24
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.4

I've given this primer a very good try but I detashed it after a couple of months and here's why: it does not mask redness. I do believe that color correcting products can be helpful. However, this primer becomes totally transparent when spread on the skin, and the green color doesn't mysteriously come back after you've patted it on. So I really don't understand why people say this makes their skin less red, unless they are arguing that it has some kind of "calming" ingredient, which it doesn't claim to. I will admit that Smashbox makes very nice primers for oil control, and this one is no exception. It gives the skin a smooth, siliconey feel and I do find my makeup lasts longer (less oil breakthrough on my t zone) when I use this versus when I use no primer. However, for my intended purposes, it simply did not work. I recommend swatching this product in person, at the very least, if you are interested in its color correcting claims, but overall I would suggest you just go with the basic photo finish primer if you want to try Smashbox's formula.

I recently purchased the green primer and regret it, it makes no difference to the redness from scars and acne and around my nose. No staying power or better looking makeup either. Sad as I used to use the original photo finish primer years ago and it wasn't that bad. If you want a good primer and redness correct use DHC velvet skin (really good!) and a green concealer on red areas afterwards, prior to foundation application.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So, I have really oily skin and I've been trying out averything to keep my make up there for more than 5 minutes, and since I finally got rid of acne I now can use real make up. I bought the green one - color adjust because someone with my skin type recomended and so I decided to try out. It expensive but well, I thought it was better than nothing... It is good, not excellent, which I expected for the price. It helps my make up stay for about 5 hours which is not what I expected. I let it sit for 2 minutes and most importantly DONT USE TOO MUCH, you have to use just enough to cover all your face but it doesnt have to feel oily because it does the opposite of what you want. I think it is GOOD for normal-little oily skin but not so much for super oily...

on 4/4/2015 11:06:00 PM

I purchased the smaller size green shade at Sephora last summer and I finally just finished it.

I find that it didn't do anything to counteract any redness and it was just like any other regular primer.

I have a NYX primer that I like a lot better than this and their full size is cheaper than the mini of this one!

Also, I saw a great video on YT recently. If you do like any of these primers, it is a lot cheaper to buy two of the small ones rather than the full size. It equals out to be the exact same amount of product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I got this over a year ago, and I ran out of it so I got a new tube. I have really red skin (rosacea), and I like to cover it up.

It doesn't take away all the redness, but it definitely does something. For the best result, put the primer on and blend it into your skin, and let it soak in for a few minutes before applying your foundation. You will notice a little diffrence, but it does NOT cover up all your redness.

As a primer goes, it works wonderful. It keeps your makeup on, smooths your skin so you have a nice base to put your makeup on.

Pro's:
-It's awesome as a primer
-Keeps your makeup on
-Creates a wonderful base
-Takes a away some of your redness
-Has a smart packaging

Con's
-Doesn't take away ALL your redness,

I will buy this again, just because I love it as a primer, but not as much as a corrector. I think if your looking for a corrector you are better off with a green concealer.

Sorry for non-perfect English, I'm Swedish.

I have used this for the past couple of months and absolutely love the way it feels on my skin and also how it almost instantly gets rid of my redness, which my whole face basically has that since I am so pale I get very splotchy. This has been a life saver. When I wear foundation this helps it stay on way more than normally it would and makes the application so much easier. I love the silky texture and how easy it blends out. I would recommend this to anyone with redness at all.

on 7/18/2012 6:43:00 PM

Not loving this product. I have a little discoloration on my jawline from post acne scars and I was hoping this product would help conceal that and it didn't. The only thing I noticed that this primer did was dry my skin and make it look way too matted. If you have super oily skin this might be the right product for you, but if you like a more natural glow look I wouldn't use this.

on 2/22/2012 10:36:00 PM

i have a bunch of the green primer as samples and i've been trying to use them up. i like the finish it gives for my foundation to go on top, but that's about it. it doesn't make my foundation last longer or does it hide my redness. i only have a tiny bit of redness around my nose, but it looks the same after application. i probably won't go out to buy this after my samples run out. the good thing about it is a small tube can go a long way.

on 1/4/2012 4:56:00 AM

my favorite primer!
its the only primer that works for me. i wanted a primer that would help with acne scarring and this seems to be the best one i've found (from the other's i've used)
the only downside is the price i paid $38 at nordies, but i don't mind paying for something that works well for me.
since it is a silicone based primer i've heard that it could cause breakouts, but i haven't had any from this primer. also this primer isn't very friendly to oily t-zones but that's something a lil touch up can fix :)
definitely worth the money (at least for me)

on 10/4/2011 12:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is for the ORIGINAL Smashbox Jumbo Photo Finish Foundation Primer in 2oz tube. I paid $49 for this although regular price is $72. I absolutely LOVE this primer. I've tried several others and this is one of my top 3! Simplifies the application of my makeup and makes it last MUCH longer. I have noticed this doesn't have many good reviews and I don't understand why but this is something that I cannot live without as of now. Wish it was cheaper! A *TEENY* tube of this is $16 at ULTA!