Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.2

on 2/25/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this in both the original white coloured "oil free" formula and in the green "colour correcting" formula. I much prefer the white "oil free" one, though I don't love either of them. The green one did nothing for my redness, did not spread very well (you need a ton to cover your whole face) and started to ball up when i would apply my foundation. I notice no difference between using no primer, and using the green one. The consistency of it is just blah. I much prefer the Lise Watier green primer or the Pur minerals one. Will definitely not repurchase a smashbox primer, especially at such a high price ($40 CAD).

on 7/24/2012 12:35:00 PM

This is my all time favourite primer ever ! This primer is perfect for most skin types and most foundations ! I love love love it! I think I have bought 3/4 of these primers ad will defiantly be purchasing again once I have used it all up ! I have never had problems with my skin caused by this product. And I find it helps foundations stay in place for a lot longer than they usually would. I find this primer lasts a really long time and a little goes a long way ! The packaging is great as you can control how much of the product you would like and I think this primer should be a staple piece in most girls make up routines ! I know Smashbox can be a little pricey at times but do not let this put you off as it is worth it's weight in gold ! If you are unsure about purchasing this product I am sure the girls at your local Smashbox counter could give you a Sample to try over a few days.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought the green mini version of this at Ulta today after much deliberation between the green on and the 'light' one. I decided on this and so far I am impressed.

I don't really think the 'color correcting' idea is all that effective unless the product stays relatively opaque, which this does not. It thins out and becomes transparent once blended into the skin. Granted, I have only used it once so I can't really say if it does calm down the redness as it claims.

It is a silicone-based primer so if you are sensitive to silicones then I would try the 'light' version which I believe is silicone free :)

I have been wearing my makeup with both this and the urban decay all-nighter spray for around 4 or 5 hours and my makeup hasn't budged, even my blush, which is a shocker because my face eats blush like I eat Milano orange cookies... I am very impressed.

If you aren't quite sure if you will like this primer, head to Ulta because that is the only place I have seen the mini versions of most of the smashbox primers. I got mine for $17 and if I like it I plan to buy the full sized version :) update will come soon!!

on 8/14/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this in the green since I have redness on my cheeks, around my mouth and on my nose, and it works wonderfully. It feels greasy and liquid-like when you apply it, but it dries down to a powder like finish, which I really like. I use tinted moisturizer as my foundation, so using a primer for longevity isn't worth it, but the fact that this helps tone down my redness is wonderful. Sometimes I have to layer it in order for it to block out the redness, but that doesn't bother me that much. I bought the travel sized tube, but it was still so expensive! I'll probably look for something better and cheaper when this rube runs out.

on 3/5/2011 3:28:00 PM

This primer is way too oily. Don't put too much or your face will look so oily that no amount of powder or foundation can mattify it again. I prefer the original Smashbox photo finish primer over this primer.

I bought this on a wim, since I wanted to buy the makeup forever primer, but I wasn't near a sephora, and I was already at Ulta, I got the little tube bottle for 17.06? I wasn't ready to pay about $40.00 for something I didn't have reviews on or anything(I didn't check it on MUA yet), when i tried it on it is said to help roscea, I, having a severe case of rosecea can tell you it does nothing for that, and i don't think it helps very much for my dry skin, but it does make my skin more matte, and my makeup goes on smoother and it does blur thing that aren't my brownish redish marks. I did notice that my makeup stayed on alot longer, and didn't wash off as easily. its an okay product don't hate it. don't love it. I do want a primer so I will probably use this until I find another primer to use

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this product the other day, and I've only used it twice. The price was pretty steep, for just a little tube it was $17. It definitely felt nice on my skin, very smooth, but it did nothing for the redness on my face. I also noticed that my makeup hasn't lasted any longer then it normally does without primer. Luckily I haven't broke out from this, other then a few blemishes that I had before.

Tomorrow I'm going to try my monist anti-chafing gel and see which one I prefer.

on 1/1/2008 10:11:00 PM

I love the colour correcting properties. The redness in my cheeks are gone. Foundation goes on very smooth after this primer. I love the way it performs. The only thing I don't like is its texture and how it's silicone-based. It feels slippery and oily, even though it's not. Overall it's a nice product I'm likely to repurchase.

on 8/9/2007 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have redness of my cheeks and on my nose and I figured this would help since it is supposed to be color-correcting but it did not do anything at all for the redness... as a primer it worked great but for the price it's definetely not worth it and for just a regular primer there are much cheaper and more worth it out there. Also if anyone is to try it .. i'd definetely say to try out the tube size.. definetely more worth it. I wouldn't buy this product again though.. i'll just try a cheaper regular primer.

meet my new best friend! i love this stuff. i use the green, because i have redness on my cheeks and around my nose. i have learned that you should wait 5-10 minutes before you apply your makeup. i use a powder foundation [clinique perfectly real compact makeup] and this primer makes it look like my powder has been airbrushed on! i love it! also it makes my powder stay all day and look fresh. i will continue to buy this product over and over again. [and ps- two of the travel sizes are the same amount of product, for a little less money than buying the regular size!]