B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
No Image

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I usually get random but mild breakouts, oily/combination skin and I found this product to work nicely with minimizing inflammation and preventing the up and comers.

I'm used to washing with face with lather-rich cleansers, so it took me a while to get used to the flat viscosity of this cleanser and coming to terms with the fact my face can be clean without tons of suds. It doesn't have any strong smell and rinses off nicely.

I use this two times a week in conjunction with another cleanser and my skin has been behaving nicely. I used to use this twice a day but dried my skin out to the point my skin was flaking.

Practical packaging, decent price, product seems to work well so far - would definitely buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for a week and I'm only reviewing it now because I wanted to take it for a test run to get a sense of its true potential.
Overall, I have to say that I am very happy with it. I have extremely sensitive skin that is also acne-prone. Some parts of my face are dry, other parts are oily and I sometimes I swear that my skin has a dual-personality disorder, lol. I love how soothing and mild this cleanser is and how well it removes makeup. 5/5 for its makeup removing abilities for sure. It's free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and other irritants that can cause problems for sensitive skin. The lactic and glycolic acids have improved the texture of my skin in just a week. My skin feels smoother, as if a layer of dead skin cells just got swept away. This cleanser is not very foamy at all which does not mean that it's not working. Just the opposite: the cleanser is working hard without stripping your skin of its natural oils. The tingly sensation that it leaves behind feels fantastic; but unlike cheap drugstore cleansers that tingle because of their harsh ingredients, this cleanser tingles yet is very mild. I would not purchase again only because it is way too expensive. But otherwise, it is a great product.

on 7/24/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Been using this for about a week. Feels great on the skin! Minty and does not produce a lot of lather. I use it only at night, in the AM i use my Dermalogica. Then yesterday, i woke up and there were THREE whiteheads on my face! On areas that i NEVER get them on (bridge of my nose, side of my nose, side of my mouth). This usually happens whenever i try another product (i am currently using Dermalogica Special Cleanser). I tried Arbonne and the same thing happened then too! So i dont know if im having a bad reaction to it or its just my skin breaking out, then getting used to it??? i am going to give it one more week...oh, and the short pump it has sucks. it would be better if the neck was longer, that way i dont have to hold the bottle to get product out. it takes about four pumps to get enough out for my entire face.