B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Black
No Image

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 10/22/2010 12:09:00 PM

I've only been using this cleansar for three days and like most reviewers i had difficulty coming to terms with a cleansar that did not get foamy so i used A LOT of it (like 6 pumps) within the first wash to get it 'sudsy' enough. i gueess i'm worried that it won't take off enough makeup (which it probably doesn't) so i would recommend removing your foundation first with some sort of makeup removing wipes.

i have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. it's actually very frustrating to have this combination. with this cleansar, i do feel like it's mild enough not to irritate but strong enough to dry out the acne. not too bad. will need to review in a couple weeks

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I usually get random but mild breakouts, oily/combination skin and I found this product to work nicely with minimizing inflammation and preventing the up and comers.

I'm used to washing with face with lather-rich cleansers, so it took me a while to get used to the flat viscosity of this cleanser and coming to terms with the fact my face can be clean without tons of suds. It doesn't have any strong smell and rinses off nicely.

I use this two times a week in conjunction with another cleanser and my skin has been behaving nicely. I used to use this twice a day but dried my skin out to the point my skin was flaking.

Practical packaging, decent price, product seems to work well so far - would definitely buy again.

on 3/4/2009 10:41:00 PM

I have combination to oily skin and have been experiencing some break-outs in my t-zone for the past few months, so I started using this product about 8 weeks ago. I wish I would have sampled it before buying. It's too drying for my skin (especially on my cheeks) and I think B. Kamin's Botanical Face Cleanser for normal to oily and combination skin would have been a better fit. Also, it doesn't remove makeup, so I usually use B. Kamin's Vegetable Skin Cleanser at night to remove makeup, and follow it with the acne wash. I also use the Vegetable Skin Cleanser in the morning, since the acne wash has been too drying. Overall I don't think this has helped prevent break-outs very much, if at all, although when I do have a pimple it helps to dry it up. Someone with full on acne may see more dramatic results.