B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.2

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 4/19/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got a generous sample of this from my Sephora SA. Tried it for about 5 days and liked it so much I ended up buying the full bottle.

I've been using it with my clarisonic twice a day for about 4 weeks. I feel it keeps my acne breakouts at bay. Obviously I'll still get one or two pimples here and there. but it definitely controlled a terrible breakout I had two months ago.

Skin feels extremely clean and it doesnt dry out my skin. I have oily skin but i feel like if i get cleansers that dry out my skin my skin just ends up getting more olier through out the day.

Would definitely love to try out more of the B Kamins products.

on 10/9/2012 3:47:00 PM

This is a very gentle cleaner. Consistency is like a watery gel that doesn't foam. Application is nice as it gives a minty tingly feeling and my face feels clean but definitely not stripped. Also, the pump gives you full control on how much product you want to dispense. However, this is not for those with oily skin as it does nothing to control oil production or remove the excess oil. This would be perfect for those with dry and acne prone skin. For my oily skin, this didn't work and I have since switched to Clinique's liquid facial soap mild.

on 6/7/2011 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this because this cleanser promised to help keep acne under control caused by bacteria, excess oil, hormonal changes and stress. All those things are big factors in what's causing me to breakout every now and then. I've never had clear skin, if I weren't having a breakout, I would be getting a few pimples here and there, which were very annoying considering they were the really big, painful deep ones that takes FOREVER to clear up.

I knew that switching to an acne cleanser of some sort was probably going to make me purge. I had expected my skin to start purging as soon as I started using this, so having those tiny little white heads pop up ALL over my face was kind of expected... I had used it for over a week and no improvements... The pimples that were there before were still there, the white heads that started popping up everywhere, where still popping up everywhere and they just weren't going away. My face looked way worse than prior to using this cleanser. Ontop of that, my face was a oil mine. This cleanser left my face so stripped and dry (and I have oily skin) that I couldn't use it twice a day. I started to use it only during the morning and had to apply moisturizer heavily to my face afterwards. My face felt irritated and looked extremely red and angry while using this cleanser. I couldn't take it anymore and had to return it. This cleanser left a big embarrassing mess on my face and I'll never recommend this cleanser to anyone!

on 2/5/2011 2:48:00 PM

I purchased this cleanser from Sephora, and I have been using it for only 1 week. Here are my thoughts so far:

~It feels very cooling and fresh on myskin
~Doesnt' overdry my combonation skin
~I have yet to see if it actually helps clear and prevent breakouts

Will comment again in 2-3 weeks. :)

So, it has been about 2 weeks now, and I am sad to say it hasn't really cleared my current breakouts :(
So it is a good cleanser...but it doesn't really 'clear acne'

on 6/20/2010 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a freebie from one of my swaps from a fellow MUAer. I'm not sure if it's available here in Hong Kong too.

Anyway, this wash is the most disappointing face wash I've ever used. First, when you put it into your hands, it's not soapy. I love soapy face washes, so that means, I have to put more than the amount I use to for this facial wash. Second, I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but this facial wash has this minty reaction to the face once applied. In some points, for me it was good because my face feels refreshed. But in some ways, it doesn't work for me because of the smell and on some areas of my face, it stings. Third, as mentioned, it is not available here in our country, making it hard to find if this was a HG product for me.

Good thing it was not! In fact, I hate it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have combination skin with what seems to be aggressive acne on my cheeks and chin and I have seen no change in the appearance of my skin since I started using this product (since the middle of Sept.). I used it in conjunction with the B. Kamins 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Gel so I've apparently wasted a total of $62.00 trying out this brand.

I have a feeling that this product works better for people with milder acne and sensitive skin, at least that's what I gather from the positive reviews. It is a gentle cleanser so I can see how people with sensitive skin would like this product, but if you have aggressive acne like me I don't recommend using it.

on 4/9/2009 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on my second bottle of this product. I like the fact that it has salicylic acid yet is one of the only washes that does not dry out my very acne prone yet sensitive and combination skin. I can use it every season. I do wish it was a little better a removing makeup though.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for a week and I'm only reviewing it now because I wanted to take it for a test run to get a sense of its true potential.
Overall, I have to say that I am very happy with it. I have extremely sensitive skin that is also acne-prone. Some parts of my face are dry, other parts are oily and I sometimes I swear that my skin has a dual-personality disorder, lol. I love how soothing and mild this cleanser is and how well it removes makeup. 5/5 for its makeup removing abilities for sure. It's free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and other irritants that can cause problems for sensitive skin. The lactic and glycolic acids have improved the texture of my skin in just a week. My skin feels smoother, as if a layer of dead skin cells just got swept away. This cleanser is not very foamy at all which does not mean that it's not working. Just the opposite: the cleanser is working hard without stripping your skin of its natural oils. The tingly sensation that it leaves behind feels fantastic; but unlike cheap drugstore cleansers that tingle because of their harsh ingredients, this cleanser tingles yet is very mild. I would not purchase again only because it is way too expensive. But otherwise, it is a great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good cleanser, and it worked well with my skin. Did it, itself clear my skin? No, but it's good for what it is. Downside however is the price, there are cheaper alternatives.

on 7/24/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Been using this for about a week. Feels great on the skin! Minty and does not produce a lot of lather. I use it only at night, in the AM i use my Dermalogica. Then yesterday, i woke up and there were THREE whiteheads on my face! On areas that i NEVER get them on (bridge of my nose, side of my nose, side of my mouth). This usually happens whenever i try another product (i am currently using Dermalogica Special Cleanser). I tried Arbonne and the same thing happened then too! So i dont know if im having a bad reaction to it or its just my skin breaking out, then getting used to it??? i am going to give it one more week...oh, and the short pump it has sucks. it would be better if the neck was longer, that way i dont have to hold the bottle to get product out. it takes about four pumps to get enough out for my entire face.