B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

4.5

on 9/21/2006 9:15:00 AM

I have very sensitive, combination skin and have been dealing with a lot of relatively minor, but still pesky, acne issues at 40 years old. I have been using this cleanser for about two weeks now and it is absolutely fantastic. I find the cleanser to be very soothing and extremely effective at clearing out my pores and gently exfoliating my face without drying it out.

It is a bit pricey, at around $32 for 8 oz, but the benefits justify the expense in my case. It has a bit of a medecinal smell, but I don't find it offensive. It is packaged in a plastic bottle with a pump top which I love. I just wish the bottle was clear so that you could see how much is left as you use it. In the evening, I do still use my Skin Biology Gentle Skin Cleanser (been using this for years, see my review) to wash off my sunscreen and makeup and then I follow up with this product. In the morning, I just use this to wash my face.

The ingredients are as follows: Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 2/10/2006 10:18:00 PM

~ This is a great product for acne prone skin. I have extreme sensitive combo skin. My T-zone is supering oily and my cheeks are so dry everything burns. Anyway, this cleanser washes away excess oil without over drying and is gently on my sensitive skin. I would still be using it but the price was a bit too much for me.