B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
No Image

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 1/3/2012 1:25:00 PM

I'm 19 and have always battled oily skin and stubborn whiteheads (once they form) but was using Clinique 3-step and it pretty much kept everything under control. However, Clinique is wayyyy too strong and its toner pretty much smelled like alcohol (not fun). So after getting a facial at Red Door Spa (in Chicago) the lady suggested I get this cleanser...Its only been a few days and skin looks balanced. My pores are tighter and no shiny forehead! It has a distinct smell I can't pinpoint, and I have yet to form any whiteheads. I also use this cleanser with a small amount of Elizabeth Arden Intervene Daily Moisture Lotion (spf 15), so they both work really well :)

on 10/22/2010 12:09:00 PM

I've only been using this cleansar for three days and like most reviewers i had difficulty coming to terms with a cleansar that did not get foamy so i used A LOT of it (like 6 pumps) within the first wash to get it 'sudsy' enough. i gueess i'm worried that it won't take off enough makeup (which it probably doesn't) so i would recommend removing your foundation first with some sort of makeup removing wipes.

i have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. it's actually very frustrating to have this combination. with this cleansar, i do feel like it's mild enough not to irritate but strong enough to dry out the acne. not too bad. will need to review in a couple weeks

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser! I have had problem skin ever since puberty began. I am 26 years old and have seen a dermatologist for 12 years. I've used everything from accutane, benzaclin, differin, retin-a, antibiotics, birth control and other salicylic acne cleansers. Some of them have worked pretty well, but not without drying side effects. Right now I am only using this cleanser and benzaclin as a spot treatment for the occasional pimple. I think my adult acne is mainly caused by hormones and clogged oil glands. This cleanser leaves my skin glowing, smooth and refreshed. My skin is never dry when using this cleanser. It is helping to fade old acne marks and keep new blemishes from forming. Since I've been using this cleanser, I only have one or two blemishes on my face at a time which is great by my standards!! Sometimes no blemishes! When you've struggled with persistent acne, one or two blemishes isn't so bad! I have been using this cleanser for over 2 months now. I use it twice a day. I only used it once a day for the first 2 weeks to build up a tolerance for the ingredients. The cleanser smells kind of minty and refreshing to me. I am no where near the end of the bottle yet at a little over 2 months. So, I think it's a pretty good value too. I would definitely recommend trying this product. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have combination skin with what seems to be aggressive acne on my cheeks and chin and I have seen no change in the appearance of my skin since I started using this product (since the middle of Sept.). I used it in conjunction with the B. Kamins 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Gel so I've apparently wasted a total of $62.00 trying out this brand.

I have a feeling that this product works better for people with milder acne and sensitive skin, at least that's what I gather from the positive reviews. It is a gentle cleanser so I can see how people with sensitive skin would like this product, but if you have aggressive acne like me I don't recommend using it.