B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

3.7

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 7/26/2011 10:18:00 PM

It helped me so much! I do have mild acne, but my occasional zit can be really ugly. I've tried other skin care products, but none have worked as well as B.Kamins. It does not dry out my skin, nor does it over hydrate it. It is my miracle product, and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have serious acne problems.

on 6/7/2011 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this because this cleanser promised to help keep acne under control caused by bacteria, excess oil, hormonal changes and stress. All those things are big factors in what's causing me to breakout every now and then. I've never had clear skin, if I weren't having a breakout, I would be getting a few pimples here and there, which were very annoying considering they were the really big, painful deep ones that takes FOREVER to clear up.

I knew that switching to an acne cleanser of some sort was probably going to make me purge. I had expected my skin to start purging as soon as I started using this, so having those tiny little white heads pop up ALL over my face was kind of expected... I had used it for over a week and no improvements... The pimples that were there before were still there, the white heads that started popping up everywhere, where still popping up everywhere and they just weren't going away. My face looked way worse than prior to using this cleanser. Ontop of that, my face was a oil mine. This cleanser left my face so stripped and dry (and I have oily skin) that I couldn't use it twice a day. I started to use it only during the morning and had to apply moisturizer heavily to my face afterwards. My face felt irritated and looked extremely red and angry while using this cleanser. I couldn't take it anymore and had to return it. This cleanser left a big embarrassing mess on my face and I'll never recommend this cleanser to anyone!

on 1/22/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on the endless search for a face wash that caters to my combination skin and periodic acne. I have been using ProActiv for 4 years but after 4 years, it started drying up my skin. I moved to Clinique's 3-step system, but that did not work AT ALL. I even moved to a cheaper skincare regime (Neutrogena, Spectro-Gel, Neo Strata) ...but nothing worked for me. I finally found this product and I have been using it for about a year - I paired it with the 5% hydrogen peroxide but I found that this product did not work as effectively as a doctor-prescribed hydrogen peroxide. So, regardless - I do not go anywhere without this product and use it religiously.

on 6/20/2010 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a freebie from one of my swaps from a fellow MUAer. I'm not sure if it's available here in Hong Kong too.

Anyway, this wash is the most disappointing face wash I've ever used. First, when you put it into your hands, it's not soapy. I love soapy face washes, so that means, I have to put more than the amount I use to for this facial wash. Second, I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but this facial wash has this minty reaction to the face once applied. In some points, for me it was good because my face feels refreshed. But in some ways, it doesn't work for me because of the smell and on some areas of my face, it stings. Third, as mentioned, it is not available here in our country, making it hard to find if this was a HG product for me.

Good thing it was not! In fact, I hate it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this cleanser! I have had problem skin ever since puberty began. I am 26 years old and have seen a dermatologist for 12 years. I've used everything from accutane, benzaclin, differin, retin-a, antibiotics, birth control and other salicylic acne cleansers. Some of them have worked pretty well, but not without drying side effects. Right now I am only using this cleanser and benzaclin as a spot treatment for the occasional pimple. I think my adult acne is mainly caused by hormones and clogged oil glands. This cleanser leaves my skin glowing, smooth and refreshed. My skin is never dry when using this cleanser. It is helping to fade old acne marks and keep new blemishes from forming. Since I've been using this cleanser, I only have one or two blemishes on my face at a time which is great by my standards!! Sometimes no blemishes! When you've struggled with persistent acne, one or two blemishes isn't so bad! I have been using this cleanser for over 2 months now. I use it twice a day. I only used it once a day for the first 2 weeks to build up a tolerance for the ingredients. The cleanser smells kind of minty and refreshing to me. I am no where near the end of the bottle yet at a little over 2 months. So, I think it's a pretty good value too. I would definitely recommend trying this product. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

on 11/5/2009 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good product, been using for a about 1 week now. I'm not if it's because of winter and the air is very dry right now, or if it's from this product, but after I wash my face with this and put on the toner, I can't wait to put on moisturizer because my face feels soooo dry. It has a nice smell and a nice feel to it. I have to get used to it not lathering up like most cleansers do, but it works great.

on 4/9/2009 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on my second bottle of this product. I like the fact that it has salicylic acid yet is one of the only washes that does not dry out my very acne prone yet sensitive and combination skin. I can use it every season. I do wish it was a little better a removing makeup though.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for a week and I'm only reviewing it now because I wanted to take it for a test run to get a sense of its true potential.
Overall, I have to say that I am very happy with it. I have extremely sensitive skin that is also acne-prone. Some parts of my face are dry, other parts are oily and I sometimes I swear that my skin has a dual-personality disorder, lol. I love how soothing and mild this cleanser is and how well it removes makeup. 5/5 for its makeup removing abilities for sure. It's free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and other irritants that can cause problems for sensitive skin. The lactic and glycolic acids have improved the texture of my skin in just a week. My skin feels smoother, as if a layer of dead skin cells just got swept away. This cleanser is not very foamy at all which does not mean that it's not working. Just the opposite: the cleanser is working hard without stripping your skin of its natural oils. The tingly sensation that it leaves behind feels fantastic; but unlike cheap drugstore cleansers that tingle because of their harsh ingredients, this cleanser tingles yet is very mild. I would not purchase again only because it is way too expensive. But otherwise, it is a great product.

on 8/16/2006 6:36:00 PM

I've had this for about a week, but it's already made a huge difference and I haven't been this excited about a cleanser for quite some time. I'm 31 with combination, acne-prone skin. My skin had been fairly calm and clear for the past year, but about a month ago I started getting some cystic bumps on my jawline and upper cheeks. I'd seen this recommended on the skincare board here, and the reviews in Productville were really favorable. It was half price on bebeautiful.com, so I decided to try it. .

I was disappointed when I received it because the pump part of the dispenser was cracked, but I was really let down because the cleanser had expired 07/06. It almost went back to bebeautiful, but I decided to try it because I desperately wanted my skin to look better.

Despite being a little past the expiration date, this cleanser has been wonderful. I use Clean and Clear Continuously Clear acne wash to remove my m/u, and then I use this cleanser. It has salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids in it plus the bio-maple complex that is in all of the B.Kamins products. It's not really a foaming cleanser but it can be made to foam if you want. I wash my face one time with it, rinse, dry and then apply it again to a dry face in my problem areas--like a mask. It turns into a white, creamy thin paste when I don't use water. I leave it on for about 10 minutes, and then I rinse and use Peter Thomas Roth glycolic toner. My skin drastically cleared in about 3 days. The cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline came to a head and then shrank completely. I only have one stubborn one left on my jawline, but it is about half the size it was last week. My skintone looks nice and the red marks from the pimples are rapidly fading.

I will keep updating my review because it's only been a week, but I have high hopes that the good results will continue.