B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

2.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 10/9/2012 3:47:00 PM

This is a very gentle cleaner. Consistency is like a watery gel that doesn't foam. Application is nice as it gives a minty tingly feeling and my face feels clean but definitely not stripped. Also, the pump gives you full control on how much product you want to dispense. However, this is not for those with oily skin as it does nothing to control oil production or remove the excess oil. This would be perfect for those with dry and acne prone skin. For my oily skin, this didn't work and I have since switched to Clinique's liquid facial soap mild.

on 2/5/2011 2:48:00 PM

I purchased this cleanser from Sephora, and I have been using it for only 1 week. Here are my thoughts so far:

~It feels very cooling and fresh on myskin
~Doesnt' overdry my combonation skin
~I have yet to see if it actually helps clear and prevent breakouts

Will comment again in 2-3 weeks. :)

So, it has been about 2 weeks now, and I am sad to say it hasn't really cleared my current breakouts :(
So it is a good cleanser...but it doesn't really 'clear acne'

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have combination skin with what seems to be aggressive acne on my cheeks and chin and I have seen no change in the appearance of my skin since I started using this product (since the middle of Sept.). I used it in conjunction with the B. Kamins 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Gel so I've apparently wasted a total of $62.00 trying out this brand.

I have a feeling that this product works better for people with milder acne and sensitive skin, at least that's what I gather from the positive reviews. It is a gentle cleanser so I can see how people with sensitive skin would like this product, but if you have aggressive acne like me I don't recommend using it.

on 7/24/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Been using this for about a week. Feels great on the skin! Minty and does not produce a lot of lather. I use it only at night, in the AM i use my Dermalogica. Then yesterday, i woke up and there were THREE whiteheads on my face! On areas that i NEVER get them on (bridge of my nose, side of my nose, side of my mouth). This usually happens whenever i try another product (i am currently using Dermalogica Special Cleanser). I tried Arbonne and the same thing happened then too! So i dont know if im having a bad reaction to it or its just my skin breaking out, then getting used to it??? i am going to give it one more week...oh, and the short pump it has sucks. it would be better if the neck was longer, that way i dont have to hold the bottle to get product out. it takes about four pumps to get enough out for my entire face.