B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

2.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 7/26/2011 10:18:00 PM

It helped me so much! I do have mild acne, but my occasional zit can be really ugly. I've tried other skin care products, but none have worked as well as B.Kamins. It does not dry out my skin, nor does it over hydrate it. It is my miracle product, and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have serious acne problems.

on 6/7/2011 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this because this cleanser promised to help keep acne under control caused by bacteria, excess oil, hormonal changes and stress. All those things are big factors in what's causing me to breakout every now and then. I've never had clear skin, if I weren't having a breakout, I would be getting a few pimples here and there, which were very annoying considering they were the really big, painful deep ones that takes FOREVER to clear up.

I knew that switching to an acne cleanser of some sort was probably going to make me purge. I had expected my skin to start purging as soon as I started using this, so having those tiny little white heads pop up ALL over my face was kind of expected... I had used it for over a week and no improvements... The pimples that were there before were still there, the white heads that started popping up everywhere, where still popping up everywhere and they just weren't going away. My face looked way worse than prior to using this cleanser. Ontop of that, my face was a oil mine. This cleanser left my face so stripped and dry (and I have oily skin) that I couldn't use it twice a day. I started to use it only during the morning and had to apply moisturizer heavily to my face afterwards. My face felt irritated and looked extremely red and angry while using this cleanser. I couldn't take it anymore and had to return it. This cleanser left a big embarrassing mess on my face and I'll never recommend this cleanser to anyone!

on 2/5/2011 2:48:00 PM

I purchased this cleanser from Sephora, and I have been using it for only 1 week. Here are my thoughts so far:

~It feels very cooling and fresh on myskin
~Doesnt' overdry my combonation skin
~I have yet to see if it actually helps clear and prevent breakouts

Will comment again in 2-3 weeks. :)

So, it has been about 2 weeks now, and I am sad to say it hasn't really cleared my current breakouts :(
So it is a good cleanser...but it doesn't really 'clear acne'

on 6/20/2010 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this as a freebie from one of my swaps from a fellow MUAer. I'm not sure if it's available here in Hong Kong too.

Anyway, this wash is the most disappointing face wash I've ever used. First, when you put it into your hands, it's not soapy. I love soapy face washes, so that means, I have to put more than the amount I use to for this facial wash. Second, I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but this facial wash has this minty reaction to the face once applied. In some points, for me it was good because my face feels refreshed. But in some ways, it doesn't work for me because of the smell and on some areas of my face, it stings. Third, as mentioned, it is not available here in our country, making it hard to find if this was a HG product for me.

Good thing it was not! In fact, I hate it!

on 11/5/2009 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good product, been using for a about 1 week now. I'm not if it's because of winter and the air is very dry right now, or if it's from this product, but after I wash my face with this and put on the toner, I can't wait to put on moisturizer because my face feels soooo dry. It has a nice smell and a nice feel to it. I have to get used to it not lathering up like most cleansers do, but it works great.

on 5/24/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This did nothing for my skin. In fact, it made my blemishes worse and my skin sore and inflamed. I'd recommend Mario Badescu over this anyday. A very expensive mistake I'm afraid :(

on 3/4/2009 10:41:00 PM

I have combination to oily skin and have been experiencing some break-outs in my t-zone for the past few months, so I started using this product about 8 weeks ago. I wish I would have sampled it before buying. It's too drying for my skin (especially on my cheeks) and I think B. Kamin's Botanical Face Cleanser for normal to oily and combination skin would have been a better fit. Also, it doesn't remove makeup, so I usually use B. Kamin's Vegetable Skin Cleanser at night to remove makeup, and follow it with the acne wash. I also use the Vegetable Skin Cleanser in the morning, since the acne wash has been too drying. Overall I don't think this has helped prevent break-outs very much, if at all, although when I do have a pimple it helps to dry it up. Someone with full on acne may see more dramatic results.