B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 4/19/2013 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got a generous sample of this from my Sephora SA. Tried it for about 5 days and liked it so much I ended up buying the full bottle.

I've been using it with my clarisonic twice a day for about 4 weeks. I feel it keeps my acne breakouts at bay. Obviously I'll still get one or two pimples here and there. but it definitely controlled a terrible breakout I had two months ago.

Skin feels extremely clean and it doesnt dry out my skin. I have oily skin but i feel like if i get cleansers that dry out my skin my skin just ends up getting more olier through out the day.

Would definitely love to try out more of the B Kamins products.

on 5/24/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This did nothing for my skin. In fact, it made my blemishes worse and my skin sore and inflamed. I'd recommend Mario Badescu over this anyday. A very expensive mistake I'm afraid :(

on 7/24/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Been using this for about a week. Feels great on the skin! Minty and does not produce a lot of lather. I use it only at night, in the AM i use my Dermalogica. Then yesterday, i woke up and there were THREE whiteheads on my face! On areas that i NEVER get them on (bridge of my nose, side of my nose, side of my mouth). This usually happens whenever i try another product (i am currently using Dermalogica Special Cleanser). I tried Arbonne and the same thing happened then too! So i dont know if im having a bad reaction to it or its just my skin breaking out, then getting used to it??? i am going to give it one more week...oh, and the short pump it has sucks. it would be better if the neck was longer, that way i dont have to hold the bottle to get product out. it takes about four pumps to get enough out for my entire face.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent, excellent gentle acne face wash! My 11 year old son is just starting to get some acne break-outs (around hairline and nose) and I was looking for something that would be easy for him to use, would not dry out his skin, would clean his skin and control the acne, and would combine multiple steps (because he is only 11 years old and will absolutely NOT do anything more than ONE product each day, namely a cleanser). This Bio-Maple cleanser is perfect! It is essentially an all-in-one product - an effective acne cleanser, pore refining toner and light moisturizer all in one. My son washes his face once a day with this, and it deep cleans really well, eliminates the acne (with 2 % salicylic acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid), but unlike all the other acne cleansers we've tried for him, it does NOT dry out his skin! Because of the "Bio-Maple Compound", it actually leaves skin soft, hydrated, healthy and normalized. B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash is the best all-in-one cleanser I've ever seen, and it has really been a wonderful product for my son to use, because it's supremely easy, very effective, and leaves his skin soft and healthy. I feel very fortunate to have been able to find it through the wonderful reviews on MUA! Also, because it comes packaged in a blue pump dispenser with black lettering, it is neutral enough to look appropriate on a boy's bathroom sink. My son will absolutely NOT under any circumstances use anything that comes packaged in a "girly-looking" container, no matter how effective it is. So the fact that this cleanser is packaged in blue with black modern-block lettering makes all the difference - it looks neutral and appropriate for both boys and girls (kind of like classic blue jeans). In every respect from performance to convenience to packaging, this cleanser is a superior product and absolutely gets 5 stars from me! Way to go B. Kamins! By the way, I use this on myself too, and I love it!

on 5/28/2006 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. This doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, it helps prevent breakouts and it has kept my pores noticeably cleaner.