B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.1

on 10/9/2012 3:47:00 PM

This is a very gentle cleaner. Consistency is like a watery gel that doesn't foam. Application is nice as it gives a minty tingly feeling and my face feels clean but definitely not stripped. Also, the pump gives you full control on how much product you want to dispense. However, this is not for those with oily skin as it does nothing to control oil production or remove the excess oil. This would be perfect for those with dry and acne prone skin. For my oily skin, this didn't work and I have since switched to Clinique's liquid facial soap mild.

on 1/3/2012 1:25:00 PM

I'm 19 and have always battled oily skin and stubborn whiteheads (once they form) but was using Clinique 3-step and it pretty much kept everything under control. However, Clinique is wayyyy too strong and its toner pretty much smelled like alcohol (not fun). So after getting a facial at Red Door Spa (in Chicago) the lady suggested I get this cleanser...Its only been a few days and skin looks balanced. My pores are tighter and no shiny forehead! It has a distinct smell I can't pinpoint, and I have yet to form any whiteheads. I also use this cleanser with a small amount of Elizabeth Arden Intervene Daily Moisture Lotion (spf 15), so they both work really well :)

on 7/26/2011 10:18:00 PM

It helped me so much! I do have mild acne, but my occasional zit can be really ugly. I've tried other skin care products, but none have worked as well as B.Kamins. It does not dry out my skin, nor does it over hydrate it. It is my miracle product, and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have serious acne problems.

on 1/22/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've been on the endless search for a face wash that caters to my combination skin and periodic acne. I have been using ProActiv for 4 years but after 4 years, it started drying up my skin. I moved to Clinique's 3-step system, but that did not work AT ALL. I even moved to a cheaper skincare regime (Neutrogena, Spectro-Gel, Neo Strata) ...but nothing worked for me. I finally found this product and I have been using it for about a year - I paired it with the 5% hydrogen peroxide but I found that this product did not work as effectively as a doctor-prescribed hydrogen peroxide. So, regardless - I do not go anywhere without this product and use it religiously.

on 10/22/2010 12:09:00 PM

I've only been using this cleansar for three days and like most reviewers i had difficulty coming to terms with a cleansar that did not get foamy so i used A LOT of it (like 6 pumps) within the first wash to get it 'sudsy' enough. i gueess i'm worried that it won't take off enough makeup (which it probably doesn't) so i would recommend removing your foundation first with some sort of makeup removing wipes.

i have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. it's actually very frustrating to have this combination. with this cleansar, i do feel like it's mild enough not to irritate but strong enough to dry out the acne. not too bad. will need to review in a couple weeks

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I usually get random but mild breakouts, oily/combination skin and I found this product to work nicely with minimizing inflammation and preventing the up and comers.

I'm used to washing with face with lather-rich cleansers, so it took me a while to get used to the flat viscosity of this cleanser and coming to terms with the fact my face can be clean without tons of suds. It doesn't have any strong smell and rinses off nicely.

I use this two times a week in conjunction with another cleanser and my skin has been behaving nicely. I used to use this twice a day but dried my skin out to the point my skin was flaking.

Practical packaging, decent price, product seems to work well so far - would definitely buy again.

on 3/4/2009 10:41:00 PM

I have combination to oily skin and have been experiencing some break-outs in my t-zone for the past few months, so I started using this product about 8 weeks ago. I wish I would have sampled it before buying. It's too drying for my skin (especially on my cheeks) and I think B. Kamin's Botanical Face Cleanser for normal to oily and combination skin would have been a better fit. Also, it doesn't remove makeup, so I usually use B. Kamin's Vegetable Skin Cleanser at night to remove makeup, and follow it with the acne wash. I also use the Vegetable Skin Cleanser in the morning, since the acne wash has been too drying. Overall I don't think this has helped prevent break-outs very much, if at all, although when I do have a pimple it helps to dry it up. Someone with full on acne may see more dramatic results.

on 3/13/2007 1:52:00 PM

I love this product, it is not drying and helps to remove all make-up while leaving my oily, combo skin feeling clean, not tight. I would definitely reccomend this product to those with sensitive acne-prone skin.

on 9/21/2006 9:15:00 AM

I have very sensitive, combination skin and have been dealing with a lot of relatively minor, but still pesky, acne issues at 40 years old. I have been using this cleanser for about two weeks now and it is absolutely fantastic. I find the cleanser to be very soothing and extremely effective at clearing out my pores and gently exfoliating my face without drying it out.

It is a bit pricey, at around $32 for 8 oz, but the benefits justify the expense in my case. It has a bit of a medecinal smell, but I don't find it offensive. It is packaged in a plastic bottle with a pump top which I love. I just wish the bottle was clear so that you could see how much is left as you use it. In the evening, I do still use my Skin Biology Gentle Skin Cleanser (been using this for years, see my review) to wash off my sunscreen and makeup and then I follow up with this product. In the morning, I just use this to wash my face.

The ingredients are as follows: Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 8/16/2006 6:36:00 PM

I've had this for about a week, but it's already made a huge difference and I haven't been this excited about a cleanser for quite some time. I'm 31 with combination, acne-prone skin. My skin had been fairly calm and clear for the past year, but about a month ago I started getting some cystic bumps on my jawline and upper cheeks. I'd seen this recommended on the skincare board here, and the reviews in Productville were really favorable. It was half price on bebeautiful.com, so I decided to try it. .

I was disappointed when I received it because the pump part of the dispenser was cracked, but I was really let down because the cleanser had expired 07/06. It almost went back to bebeautiful, but I decided to try it because I desperately wanted my skin to look better.

Despite being a little past the expiration date, this cleanser has been wonderful. I use Clean and Clear Continuously Clear acne wash to remove my m/u, and then I use this cleanser. It has salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids in it plus the bio-maple complex that is in all of the B.Kamins products. It's not really a foaming cleanser but it can be made to foam if you want. I wash my face one time with it, rinse, dry and then apply it again to a dry face in my problem areas--like a mask. It turns into a white, creamy thin paste when I don't use water. I leave it on for about 10 minutes, and then I rinse and use Peter Thomas Roth glycolic toner. My skin drastically cleared in about 3 days. The cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline came to a head and then shrank completely. I only have one stubborn one left on my jawline, but it is about half the size it was last week. My skintone looks nice and the red marks from the pimples are rapidly fading.

I will keep updating my review because it's only been a week, but I have high hopes that the good results will continue.