B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

3.8

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

on 10/9/2012 3:47:00 PM

This is a very gentle cleaner. Consistency is like a watery gel that doesn't foam. Application is nice as it gives a minty tingly feeling and my face feels clean but definitely not stripped. Also, the pump gives you full control on how much product you want to dispense. However, this is not for those with oily skin as it does nothing to control oil production or remove the excess oil. This would be perfect for those with dry and acne prone skin. For my oily skin, this didn't work and I have since switched to Clinique's liquid facial soap mild.

on 4/9/2009 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on my second bottle of this product. I like the fact that it has salicylic acid yet is one of the only washes that does not dry out my very acne prone yet sensitive and combination skin. I can use it every season. I do wish it was a little better a removing makeup though.

I bought this product on sale...and then I realized that it's expiration date was in 2004...maybe that accounts for its funny smell?
I spent 8 bucks on it, and I couldn't return it, so I decided to try and use it anyway. It actually was effective in clearing my acne, but it sometimes left my oily skin dry.
I'd buy this product again if it was on sale...but I'd have to continuously use it before considering paying full price for it.

on 8/16/2006 6:36:00 PM

I've had this for about a week, but it's already made a huge difference and I haven't been this excited about a cleanser for quite some time. I'm 31 with combination, acne-prone skin. My skin had been fairly calm and clear for the past year, but about a month ago I started getting some cystic bumps on my jawline and upper cheeks. I'd seen this recommended on the skincare board here, and the reviews in Productville were really favorable. It was half price on bebeautiful.com, so I decided to try it. .

I was disappointed when I received it because the pump part of the dispenser was cracked, but I was really let down because the cleanser had expired 07/06. It almost went back to bebeautiful, but I decided to try it because I desperately wanted my skin to look better.

Despite being a little past the expiration date, this cleanser has been wonderful. I use Clean and Clear Continuously Clear acne wash to remove my m/u, and then I use this cleanser. It has salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids in it plus the bio-maple complex that is in all of the B.Kamins products. It's not really a foaming cleanser but it can be made to foam if you want. I wash my face one time with it, rinse, dry and then apply it again to a dry face in my problem areas--like a mask. It turns into a white, creamy thin paste when I don't use water. I leave it on for about 10 minutes, and then I rinse and use Peter Thomas Roth glycolic toner. My skin drastically cleared in about 3 days. The cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline came to a head and then shrank completely. I only have one stubborn one left on my jawline, but it is about half the size it was last week. My skintone looks nice and the red marks from the pimples are rapidly fading.

I will keep updating my review because it's only been a week, but I have high hopes that the good results will continue.