B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash

No Image

3.6

on 2/10/2006 10:18:00 PM

~ This is a great product for acne prone skin. I have extreme sensitive combo skin. My T-zone is supering oily and my cheeks are so dry everything burns. Anyway, this cleanser washes away excess oil without over drying and is gently on my sensitive skin. I would still be using it but the price was a bit too much for me.

on 5/28/2006 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. This doesn't irritate or dry out my skin, it helps prevent breakouts and it has kept my pores noticeably cleaner.

on 8/16/2006 6:36:00 PM

I've had this for about a week, but it's already made a huge difference and I haven't been this excited about a cleanser for quite some time. I'm 31 with combination, acne-prone skin. My skin had been fairly calm and clear for the past year, but about a month ago I started getting some cystic bumps on my jawline and upper cheeks. I'd seen this recommended on the skincare board here, and the reviews in Productville were really favorable. It was half price on bebeautiful.com, so I decided to try it. .

I was disappointed when I received it because the pump part of the dispenser was cracked, but I was really let down because the cleanser had expired 07/06. It almost went back to bebeautiful, but I decided to try it because I desperately wanted my skin to look better.

Despite being a little past the expiration date, this cleanser has been wonderful. I use Clean and Clear Continuously Clear acne wash to remove my m/u, and then I use this cleanser. It has salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids in it plus the bio-maple complex that is in all of the B.Kamins products. It's not really a foaming cleanser but it can be made to foam if you want. I wash my face one time with it, rinse, dry and then apply it again to a dry face in my problem areas--like a mask. It turns into a white, creamy thin paste when I don't use water. I leave it on for about 10 minutes, and then I rinse and use Peter Thomas Roth glycolic toner. My skin drastically cleared in about 3 days. The cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline came to a head and then shrank completely. I only have one stubborn one left on my jawline, but it is about half the size it was last week. My skintone looks nice and the red marks from the pimples are rapidly fading.

I will keep updating my review because it's only been a week, but I have high hopes that the good results will continue.

on 9/21/2006 9:15:00 AM

I have very sensitive, combination skin and have been dealing with a lot of relatively minor, but still pesky, acne issues at 40 years old. I have been using this cleanser for about two weeks now and it is absolutely fantastic. I find the cleanser to be very soothing and extremely effective at clearing out my pores and gently exfoliating my face without drying it out.

It is a bit pricey, at around $32 for 8 oz, but the benefits justify the expense in my case. It has a bit of a medecinal smell, but I don't find it offensive. It is packaged in a plastic bottle with a pump top which I love. I just wish the bottle was clear so that you could see how much is left as you use it. In the evening, I do still use my Skin Biology Gentle Skin Cleanser (been using this for years, see my review) to wash off my sunscreen and makeup and then I follow up with this product. In the morning, I just use this to wash my face.

The ingredients are as follows: Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water/eau), lauryl glucoside, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, Bio-Maple (acer saccharum) (map isolate), glycerin, Peg-7 Glyceryl cocoate, glycolic acid, lactic acid, sodium hydroxide, allantoin, panthenol, mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf water.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Excellent, excellent gentle acne face wash! My 11 year old son is just starting to get some acne break-outs (around hairline and nose) and I was looking for something that would be easy for him to use, would not dry out his skin, would clean his skin and control the acne, and would combine multiple steps (because he is only 11 years old and will absolutely NOT do anything more than ONE product each day, namely a cleanser). This Bio-Maple cleanser is perfect! It is essentially an all-in-one product - an effective acne cleanser, pore refining toner and light moisturizer all in one. My son washes his face once a day with this, and it deep cleans really well, eliminates the acne (with 2 % salicylic acid, glycolic acid and lactic acid), but unlike all the other acne cleansers we've tried for him, it does NOT dry out his skin! Because of the "Bio-Maple Compound", it actually leaves skin soft, hydrated, healthy and normalized. B. Kamins Bio-Maple Hydrating Acne Wash is the best all-in-one cleanser I've ever seen, and it has really been a wonderful product for my son to use, because it's supremely easy, very effective, and leaves his skin soft and healthy. I feel very fortunate to have been able to find it through the wonderful reviews on MUA! Also, because it comes packaged in a blue pump dispenser with black lettering, it is neutral enough to look appropriate on a boy's bathroom sink. My son will absolutely NOT under any circumstances use anything that comes packaged in a "girly-looking" container, no matter how effective it is. So the fact that this cleanser is packaged in blue with black modern-block lettering makes all the difference - it looks neutral and appropriate for both boys and girls (kind of like classic blue jeans). In every respect from performance to convenience to packaging, this cleanser is a superior product and absolutely gets 5 stars from me! Way to go B. Kamins! By the way, I use this on myself too, and I love it!

on 3/13/2007 1:52:00 PM

I love this product, it is not drying and helps to remove all make-up while leaving my oily, combo skin feeling clean, not tight. I would definitely reccomend this product to those with sensitive acne-prone skin.

I bought this product on sale...and then I realized that it's expiration date was in 2004...maybe that accounts for its funny smell?
I spent 8 bucks on it, and I couldn't return it, so I decided to try and use it anyway. It actually was effective in clearing my acne, but it sometimes left my oily skin dry.
I'd buy this product again if it was on sale...but I'd have to continuously use it before considering paying full price for it.

on 7/24/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Been using this for about a week. Feels great on the skin! Minty and does not produce a lot of lather. I use it only at night, in the AM i use my Dermalogica. Then yesterday, i woke up and there were THREE whiteheads on my face! On areas that i NEVER get them on (bridge of my nose, side of my nose, side of my mouth). This usually happens whenever i try another product (i am currently using Dermalogica Special Cleanser). I tried Arbonne and the same thing happened then too! So i dont know if im having a bad reaction to it or its just my skin breaking out, then getting used to it??? i am going to give it one more week...oh, and the short pump it has sucks. it would be better if the neck was longer, that way i dont have to hold the bottle to get product out. it takes about four pumps to get enough out for my entire face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good cleanser, and it worked well with my skin. Did it, itself clear my skin? No, but it's good for what it is. Downside however is the price, there are cheaper alternatives.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for a week and I'm only reviewing it now because I wanted to take it for a test run to get a sense of its true potential.
Overall, I have to say that I am very happy with it. I have extremely sensitive skin that is also acne-prone. Some parts of my face are dry, other parts are oily and I sometimes I swear that my skin has a dual-personality disorder, lol. I love how soothing and mild this cleanser is and how well it removes makeup. 5/5 for its makeup removing abilities for sure. It's free of harsh chemicals, fragrance and other irritants that can cause problems for sensitive skin. The lactic and glycolic acids have improved the texture of my skin in just a week. My skin feels smoother, as if a layer of dead skin cells just got swept away. This cleanser is not very foamy at all which does not mean that it's not working. Just the opposite: the cleanser is working hard without stripping your skin of its natural oils. The tingly sensation that it leaves behind feels fantastic; but unlike cheap drugstore cleansers that tingle because of their harsh ingredients, this cleanser tingles yet is very mild. I would not purchase again only because it is way too expensive. But otherwise, it is a great product.