no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I'm surprised I haven't reviewed this yet as it is my go-to moisturizer for fall/winter/spring. I need something lighter in summer. A reviewer below described it as "pillowy" and that's a good description. It sinks right in and makes skin hydrated, plump and soft. I have dehydrated skin that gets oily, so I need serious moisture without pore-clogging ingredients, and this fits the bill. My skin generally looks healthy while using this. For super cold months, I tend to switch to the Phyto-lipid Comfort Cream from her line - such a relief for dry skin! But it's too heavy for most of the time. I'm not looking at the ingredient list for this one, but if I remember correctly it has a decent amount of antioxidants, though they are compromised by the jar packaging. That's probably why my skin looks better toward the beginning of jar than toward then end. But I still purchase it because I know it works for my skin, and when she runs her 15% off sale, it's a pretty good deal for a good moisturizer. It runs around $60 I think on sale.

About reviewer (341 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

6 years ago

I've been testing several Renee Rouleau products lately. The Hawaiian Nourishing Cream has pros & cons for me. Pros: light, yet feels delicious on the face - soft and pillow-y, just a soft, clean, fresh, very light scent, and a little goes a long (!) way, so despite the cost, it would last. No breakouts. Cons: My skin is acne-prone, yet prefers decent moisturizing & exfoliation (in my thirties), and after applying this, my skin still felt a little tight instead of comfortable. I also felt like I had an increase in flesh-colored clogged pores (not blackheads) when using this. I returned it (for credit, which is RR policy).

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

7 years ago

I have the complete Renee Rouleau program for skintype (#2) and I use it alongside with my ReVive skincare products. I use this cream in rotation and I absolutely love it. It actually takes care of minor acne that pops up on ny skin and gives me a nice soft,clear appearance come morning. A little goes a long way so it doesnt take much to moisturize the skin. I also use this as an eye cream as well.

About reviewer (320 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

from

8 years ago

I just finished my first jar, and though expensive, the jar did last many months. I have tried several others including Kate S and BB and LM, but I keep coming back to this one. It doesnt have peptides or sunscreen or BHAs , but it is rich and creamy and very soothing to my skin. It has never made it break out, and the scent-- lavender I think-- is not overpowering. I just wish RR had more discount events online, so that I may stock up on it, and some of her other products.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

3.0

8 years ago

This moisturizer, as well as the other 3 RR moisturizers I have, contains dimethicone. I think this is odd since the RR line seems to pride itself on being free of other potentially (controversially) harmful ingredients like SLS. I have noticed after using the RR line for a year that my skin is still horribly congested all of the time, and maybe the dimethicone is the culprit. Maybe I would overlook this, but the RR products are EXPENSIVE and for products that cost so much I don't want to pay for silicone products that just give the "feel" of soft skin, I want ingredients that really make it soft. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

9 years ago

If you have dehydrated skin like I do, this may be THE one. I was encouraged to buy RR after reading great reviews for years when she offered a 15% discount. I bought this cream, the vitamin and firming serum. My skin is light olive, dry and feels tight. This cream is like a drink of cold water for dry skin. Not heavy, or greasy, it soaks right in. I like to have damp hands so I don't pull on my skin. I typically don't use eye cream - I think that's bunk - and use the same cream on my face as I do my eye area. This one is a winner and has a great light scent. I wish it was a bit cheaper or offered in a larger economy size, but considering how many drug store brands I have tried only to find, they are greasy or don't really moisturize, I have to say this one is worth the coin.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinVery Dry, Olive, Cool

HairSilver, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

from

10 years ago

I like this stuff, but I don't love it. I have purchased it several times, and do find that it's an effective moisturizer that doesn't make me break out. It's just a little expensive, though. I have been using a moisturizer by Arcona that has a light texture, yet feels more effective. So, I don't always use this cream. Overall, Renee Rouleau products are pretty good, and I recommend them over most other brands.

About reviewer (123 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

11 years ago

I love this stuff!! I’m finishing my 2nd jar and about to order my 3rd. I have very oily / breakout prone skin that’s dry from Retin A. This lotion has soothed and moisturized my skin with no breakouts! I use it day and night and have zero complaints.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

EyesOther

12 years ago

A friend recently turned me on to Renee Rouleau and I have been so very happy with this line. They have nine different skin types so you really feel like you are getting products for your own skin concerns. This one really makes my skin feel so smooth and it doesn't cause me any break outs. My sister uses it too, and loves it!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

12 years ago

I love the smell of this product! I have acne prone skin, but sometimes my skin feels dry or is dehydrated and I will use this at night. It really just soaks into your skin and leaves you feeling soft. I have also used it on my feet when they are particularly dry. I put socks on afterwards and sleep in them. In the morning my feet are very soft!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair