59%
package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This is discontinued, so you now need to buy the Loreal Brass Bannisher I agree with others, it wont fix big brassy oops. Only sublte brass. Always ladies use red gold corrector from Sally Beauty, add drops to your color after you mix, it will eliminate alot of brass before you need this. I like to use between long times when I dont color like after 4 weeks. It works great on medium blonde, and champagne blonde. It does leave your hair waxy for a week, but that only adds to the shine & reduction in brass from shampoos and just blonde junk build up. I have six boxes stored, cause I knew they were cancelling it. Excellent product, if you dont need major brass reduction, Leaves your hair nice cool blonde

About reviewer (159 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

11 years ago

I am normally dye my hair a medium cool blonde. Yet since I use a protein filler I need to pick a shade lighter in order to get the color I actually want (it makes the hair take to the color quick). So I picked a light neutral shade as for Spring I wanted to go a bit blonder. Well it was definitely lighter but it pulled orange in places and looked like a nightmare! I had a box of this sitting around and amidst my tears I read the directions and applied it when my hair dried. You can use it the same day you color. I did the full 10 minutes and rinsed then used the conditioner (smells fab!). I was suprised to see that my hair was a light neutral blonde. I still have a few slight golden spots but nothing close to that horrific orange I saw before. I prefer it to be ashier as my hair picks up red tones easy, however I am happy that it is just a normal color for now and will fix it later on. This didn't dry out my hair at all but it did make it super greasy. So far it has lasted and I recommend this as a quick fix to tame down harsh tones in hair. Obviously no product works the same for everyone - just glad it did for me.

About reviewer (719 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

EyesHazel

11 years ago

My roots were getting super bad so I dyed my (naturally a med-light borwn) hair (usually dark blonde w/highlights)and it was disaterous!!! My roots were so orange and just looked awful. I noticed this in the store and figured what can it hurt. I used it as instructed but left it in for the full 10 mins. I did notice a bit of difference not as much as I was hoping for but some nonetheless. It made it at least liveable until my hair can recover a little. I would use his again if I had too but like others said for major "repair" :) definitly go to a pro.:)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

12 years ago

***WARNING BLONDES*** Holy Crap...this stuff turned my light blonde hair BROWN! Wow, not what I expected at all!!! Point blank, as with every do-it-yourself color treatment, this product is unpredictable. Everyone's results will vary. All I can do is describe what it did to MY hair.... So use this product with caution girls. It did indeed, turn my light blonde hair an even shade of brown. Not even ashy brown. Just middle of the line, slightly golden even, BROWN. I trruly hope this review will prevent some blonde out there who has no desire to be brunette from using it!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

A few days ago I decided to treat myself to color and highlights at a salon. I've always done my own color/highlights, and I don't always get the results I want, I sometimes get red-my natural haircolor is light brown and I dye it blonde. What I wanted was a darker dirty blonde with shimmering blonde highlights. I liked how the highlights came out but the dark blonde color came out red. I figured going to a salon I wouldn't have that problem. I thought it would tone down after a few washings-it didn't. I didn't want to walk around with the reddish hair, so before I can get another salon appt, I thought to use this. I've used it before with okay results. Like others have said, this isn't corrective color by any means. This will get you to your next appointment if you have a hair color mistake. This did tone my red, but it's still there. It's just more muted. This did also tone my highlights, which I didn't want, but you can't have both. Now I'm considering to just going back to my natural color, I'm so disappointed. Over $100.00 down the drain.

About reviewer (843 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

12 years ago

I did my own highlights and they turned out a little too orange for my taste so I bought this product. I left it on for ten minutes like stated and there was no difference. It's a shame because I was hoping this would be a great product for me. : (

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

12 years ago

Bought this hoping to achieve great shine. I don't think my hair was brassy but I figured it couldn't hurt. I left it in the 5 minutes, results were negligable. My highlights got a little dulled, which I didn't mind but the shine was just not there. Not what I was looking for!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

12 years ago

I had a result similar to the girl before me. My hair had some highlights and it was looking a little brassy. Instead of using the aveda purple shampoo I had I opted for trying this. BIG mistake!!! I applied it just as the directions said. I rinsed and when I looked in the mirror at my wet hair it looked funny. My natural color (dark ash blonde) roots looked kind of orangy and the rest looked just dark. I figured it was just because it was wet. Well... it wasnt. When I dried it the roots were indeed clown orange, and the rest was grey. I had to spend lots of money, time, and sacrifice some length, to get my hair back. It still is very damaged from all I had to do. So just beware!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

Attention Platinum blonde hair girls!!! DO NOT use this product. I have been bleaching my hair blonde for over 8 years to a Very Platinum color. I recently had my roots touched up and they were a lil more yellow than i like, so i purchased this "tone" refiner and have been in hell ever since. After applying to the front of my hair, i turned around in the mirror to do the back, when turning around again (this product was only on 3 minutes at that time) I saw my entire front was Purple/pink. After removing I had Gray gray gray hair!!! Not ash blonde, gray! I read the review of this happening to someone before me as well, Should have listened. Please do not try this if you have VERY blonde hair.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

12 years ago

I have naturally light brown/ 'dishwater' blonder hair and regularly get meduim blonde highlights. I wanted something to blend my roots in-between salon visits and tried L1 Tone Refiner. The first (2) applications were perfection. Blended my roots, and toned down the 'brassy' tones as promised. It also left my baby fine, extremely dry hair unbeliavbly soft and shiny. The third application I left the product on for 15-20 minutes (longer than directed) and it turned it weird and brassy at the roots and a strange muted tone through the length of my hair. Much, much different from the first (2) applications so I believe the product is only effective if used EXACTLY as directed. I asked my stylist and he said that 'toner' type products can have a negative effect if left on too long. I will continue to use this as my 'in-between' color however I will stick closely with the instructions. I think it is cheap, easy, and a great remedy to roots in-between salon visits.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium