LUSH The Olive Branch

LUSH The Olive Branch

3.9

Vine Leaf Infusion (Vitis vinifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Fresh Mandarin Juice (Citrus nobilis), Fair Trade Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Dulcis), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Hydroxycitronellol, FD&C Red No. 4, Methylparaben.

on 9/21/2016 1:14:00 AM

I was told that this is half olive oil which may explain the wateriness of it. I bought it because I often forget to buy lotion and thought it would keep my skin hydrated but I still find that I need lotion. I still like it and don't mind the texture but I think next time I will go with a sweeter scent

on 9/4/2016 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the smell, but I don't like the consistency. It is very fluid. I will not buy again

To Read all 113 Reviews, Login or Join

I do like the smell, although it kind of reminded me of cigarettes... I don't know why. Mostly though it smells good, and it feels moisturizing on my skin. The texture is very watery which I didn't like. It actually worked quite well on my hair, so if I end up repurchasing I'll probably just use it for that. Overall a good shower gel (water?) Just not my favorite.

on 3/22/2016 10:08:00 PM

I just recently purchased this and I love it sooooo much! I just bought a small one to try out, but I would definitely recommend buying the big bottle because it's a better value! It smells so nice and its made my skin feel awesome.

on 1/15/2016 6:13:00 AM

This has a very runny texture, lathers well enough, and the scent is like mandarin peel, vine leaves and olive oil. Worked quite well as shampoo the few times I've used it on my rather dry, thick hair as well.

I prefer the scent on my boyfriend as it is quite earthy and suits his natural smell a bit better. It's a rather unique scent and I suggest sniffing in store and asking for a sample, it won't be everyones cup of tea. Probably wouldn't repurchase for myself, and I prefer Dirty to share with my partner.

on 11/11/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got this shower gel as a gift, and I'm glad I didn't pay for it because I absolutely hate it! The texture is really runny and separates very quickly. I didn't notice my skin feeling more hydrated or softer, and it smelled like nicotine to me, which is definitely not what I want in a shower gel! I don't know whether I just got a 'bad one' because a lot of people seem to love the scent, including the person who gave it to me, but I'm not going to take any chances and buy a new one!

on 11/5/2015 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourite shower gels from lush, despite the weird watery texture, this lathers up like heaven and the smell is my favourite scent of all time, it really leaves the skin feeling really soft and fruity, and the sweet and deep smell lingers on my skin for hours, it also works on my hair too! It's versatile and worth the price, as I said, the only reason it doesn't have 5* is because of the texture, but great product!

on 10/30/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My experience is pretty much identical to jackz's. It lathers up really well, doesn't dry my skin out, and I like the earthy scent, hence the two stars. However, it is watery so you end up going through it really quickly because it's hard to control how much dispenses and my chest has gotten some blemishes (small red bumps) which I am not happy about at all. Also, I don't think it cleans up my armpits well at all, even though I wear clinical strength deodorant, I can still smell my armpits as though I skipped out on the deodorant. I never had this issue before.

So, to salvage this, I decided to use it for bubble baths. Yeah, it makes a really expensive bubble bath gel, but I'd rather smell clean and have clear skin.

on 9/4/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like the ingredients and I sorta like the smell, but the smell isn't particularly unique to this shower gel. I feel like a much cheaper shower gel out there would have the same scent. It lathers up quite well which is good, but it's super watery which I find hard to use when putting some of the shower gel on my loofah. Heck, it's not even really a gel. It has the consistency of water.

The thing that I think I dislike the MOST about this shower gel is how I feel like it's giving me bad B.O. Mind you, I shower everyday and I use deodorant but I feel like this isn't doing a great job at keeping *that* area nice and fresh unlike every other shower gel and soap I've used ever. I'm sad I purchased this in the largest size and I wish I had purchased the Honey I Washed The Kids shower gel again because I love the smell a lot more, it wasn't watery at all and it cleaned my pits well (TMI, I know). Not repurchasing again, sorry! I urge all to get samples or purchase the smallest size at least. Silly me!

EDIT: so I don't waste my money completely on this product, I decided to start using it as a shampoo. I think I like it better as a shampoo.

on 8/3/2015 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have been using this product for years!!! The smell wakes me up in the morning and it's refreshing! I will never never switch body washes!!