Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

Formule : Talc, Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium myristate, Zinc stearate, Isopropyl palmitate, Fragance (parfum), Benzyl alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Everinia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, Genariol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Imidazolidinylurea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).

on 6/27/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a review for the transparent powder. Like another reviewer stated, Caron has two formulations: the classic one, which is for combination/oily skin, and transparent, which is for normal/dry/sensitive skin. I got it in "Translucide" which is the most popular shade in the transparent line. It looks alarmingly pink (I have very strong yellow undertones in my skin), but looks gorgeously natural.

I've been lemming this ever since I read about it here on MUA, but unfortunately Diane from the Caron boutique in NYC warned against shipping to Canada because of the high customs fees. Luckily, my sister was in Paris recently and was kind enough to go out of her way to pick me up some of this powder. It came to about $60 CDN(45 euro). I gave this product 3 lippies for price-while the initial cost is high, it is a whopping 30g!! MAC powders are only 8-10g and cost close to $30...so the Caron powder works out to only about 2/3 of the price of MAC, for a significantly better product!

The packaging is beautiful-the powder is housed in a gold colored container with a pop off lid. Inside that is a screw off lid, which means it's great for travel! There is no built in sifter. Instead, Caron includes a separate one. How I use it is I dab a powder brush in the powder, then run it across the separate sifter, allowing any extra powder to fall back into the container. This gives me the perfect amount of product to gently brush across my face. The powder puff included is useless for me.

I liked the vintage feel of the scent, but be warned, it is quite strong. I took the lid off and left it open for a few weeks, covered with a piece of tissue paper. The smell is now lovely, and much more subtle.

This hasn't irritated or broken me out at all. It is dermatologist recommended in France, and gives me a beautiful, soft, velvety finish over my makeup. It looks natural and wears for hours. I used to blot about 5-6 hours into my day, but I can now skip that. Rebuy forever for me!

Ingredients (paraben free, yay!!): talc, magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, zinc stearate, diisopropyl sebacate, fragrance, iron oxides, ultramarines, alumina, citronellol, geraniol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, eugenol, cinnamyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, citral evernia prunastri (oakmoss) extract

on 3/10/2011 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Firstly, I'd like to thank Sicely24 for her very helpful review on this product. I based my own purchase on her extensive colour reference list, since there are no Caron counters here in Canada. I have the loose powder in Peau Ambree, and it is the perfect colour for my MAC NC30-35, Nars Sante Fe, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Medium Dark complexion. I don't mind the scent, and it disappears after a while anyway.

One warning -- it is easy to overapply this powder, but a heavy hand is easy to fix, because the powder is so finely milled. Because the powder is so fine, it's hard to look cakey, provided that your face is moisturized properly before application. No other loose powder makes my complexion look so smooth and radiant, as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. I use this as a setting powder over tinted moisturizer / sunblock, or alone, without oxidation of any kind. I bought mine on ebay for a reasonable price, and you get alot of product, so this will last me a while. A real luxury and highly recommended.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi, i love mot caron product, especially the loose powder, it i fabulous! does anyone knows about the shade "trent ans", could anyone describe it somehow? i can't get it in London, and it is the only one i did not try, before to make my decisions.... many thanks Antonella

on 1/4/2009 12:37:00 AM

I bought this powder in the shade Peau Ambree. Initially I wasn't sure if I should get Peau Ambree or Sable, it's difficult to judge the swatches on line. I consulted with Diane (Caron consultant) on the phone and she was very helpful!! She sent samples of different shades of the powder along with the powder I bought just so I can try it before I open the package...which was very helpful. Peau Ambree was just a tiny bit lighter than my skintone, very slight, but I prefer to be it to be lighter. After I evened all the powder out with a powder brush, the powder definitely evened out my skintone. Sable was a bit dark and it looked muddy on my skin.

Peau Ambree was perfect for my skin tone and I love that it is lightly scented like roses. I use it after I apply Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Nude.

My makeup stays fresh ALL day without oxidation or change of color.

For reference : Other powder and foundation shades I use:
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Foundation - NC35
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder - Medium Plus
Chantecaille -Loose powder in Ray
Chanel Teint Innocence - Beige
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Nude

I bought also the peach swan down powder puff it's so cute! I got the small refillable powder compact that came with the tiny powder puff. I love everything I bought from Caron!

on 8/29/2007 11:18:00 AM

Oh yes, Caron's loose powder is *all that*! I have tried so many powders and foundations, trying to find The One that would subdue the oiliness of my complexion. So many promised, none delivered. After an hour or two, my face is shiny once again. Then I tried Caron Poudre Peau Fine in the classic formula. I got the shade called Noisette, a medium pink-toned color that perfectly matched my medium complexion*. I'm wearing the powder today, and I just checked myself in the mirror, because I usually need a touch-up right about now (I bought the sweet little portable loose powder compact, which comes with its own goosedown powder puff, for this purpose). Lo and behold - after 5 hours, I'm not shiny! And I'm not cakey-matte, either. I'm actually glowy! The icing on the cake is that the powder smells like N'Aimez Que Moi - my Holy Grail perfume! Ah, Caron. Is there anything you can't do?

*UPDATE: The shade "Noisette" is actually not right for me. I have just tried the warm-toned Sables and it's a much better match.