Caron Classic Formula loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Caron Classic Formula loose powder

4.5

Formule : Talc, Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium myristate, Zinc stearate, Isopropyl palmitate, Fragance (parfum), Benzyl alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Everinia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, Genariol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Imidazolidinylurea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).

on 3/26/2010 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I came across this powder accidentally while reading reviews for Caron perfumes. As the reviewers before me seemed to have the same skin problems that I have (breakouts and sensitive skin) and the powder worked for them I decided to do some research. I was also in need of a new loose powder as the one I was currently using is from Prescriptives and discontinued. When I read that this powder was recommended by the French Medical Association for problem skin types I decided to purchase it.

I purchased this powder in two shades as I could only get it on line. I am a NC44/45 with lighter skin in winter months so I chose by looking at the swatches. The 3 shades recommended to women of color are Creole, Andalouse and Radieuse. I choose Andalouse and Radieuse. There is not such a big difference in the two colors but I am currently using Andalouse as it is a bit more golden/yellow and good for my yellow undertones. I will keep the Radieuse as it will be good for winter months. Creole is a darker color and would fit the skin tones of women with a bit of a darker complexion. There are only 3 shades for dark skin types but as the powder is so well formulated it blends and disappears into the skin so it should work for many different skin shades.

I love this powder so very much as it is so finely grained and it keeps my skin mat during the day. I have not experienced any allergic reactions. What I also like is the very small hint of rose aroma in the powder. Very feminine but not anything which would annoy anyone who does not like fragrance. This product really keeps my complexion looking good and I will continue to buy it. Great find for 2010!

The packaging is very pretty but I took 1 point off as the puff could have been a bit more though out. A bit of an old fashion standard puff which is useless for dispensing the powder on the face face as it dispenses way too much product. I use this with a brush.

on 6/13/2005 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This beautiful, classic powder is really an undiscovered gem in the beauty marketplace. Perhaps that is part of its allure but in reality it is of the finest quality powder I have ever used. I had the pleasure of dining with PR representatives who told me the powder is also highly recommended by dermatologist in France. One other precious secret: There is a beautiful feathery puff you can buy separately that is divine!