Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

Formule : Talc, Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium myristate, Zinc stearate, Isopropyl palmitate, Fragance (parfum), Benzyl alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Everinia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, Genariol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Imidazolidinylurea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).

on 3/17/2015 10:47:00 PM

I have a classic one shade noisette and a transparent one shade naturelle, classic one is good enough, nothing to say. Officially the transparent version is designed for dry skin, but what i think is this powder may dry your skin, and the mica which is the second ingredient in this product makes every wrinkle well-marked.

Both of them contain a mass of fragrance. Vintage scent.....

This is a wonderful product that every woman should have on her boudoir. Caron powders have been around for years and have made countless women look and feel glamorous. With this in mind, I knew I had to try it. Fortunately enough, I live close to the Caron Boutique in NYC, and I was able to test all these beautiful powders for myself. It is truly a hidden gem, tucked neatly away in the Phyto Universe salon on Lexington Avenue.

The 'Classique' formula powders are geared towards those that are normal or combination/oily, while the 'Transparente' powders are geared towards those that are normal/dry. The Classique powders are matte, have more coverage and feel denser, while the Trasnsparente ones are lighter, fluffier, and have subtle microfine shimmer particles, not detectable on the face, but enough to give a glow. I was told that the correct way to apply the Classique powder was to press the powder onto the face with a puff, and then knock off the excess with a kabuki brush. By itself, the product will give light-medium coverage, similar to that of a mineral foundation. Since I have quite a bit of discoloration and like a completely flawless finish, I do prefer to dust this lightly on top of my MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation, and this combo is particularly exceptional at controlling oil on my combination/oily skin. This contains ingredients such as magnesium carbonate and kaolin for extra absorbency on oily skin. Since this product was created before the invention of silicones, it does not have any in its ingredients.

The color I own is in 'Madame', which is a fair beige pinky color, suitable for MAC NC/NW 15. It is also quite fragranced, with the scent of Bulgarian rose which I find very pleasant. All in all, I highly recommend this to anyone that loves to finish off her look with a matte, finely-milled loose powder to give a soft-focus look.

on 3/10/2011 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Firstly, I'd like to thank Sicely24 for her very helpful review on this product. I based my own purchase on her extensive colour reference list, since there are no Caron counters here in Canada. I have the loose powder in Peau Ambree, and it is the perfect colour for my MAC NC30-35, Nars Sante Fe, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Medium Dark complexion. I don't mind the scent, and it disappears after a while anyway.

One warning -- it is easy to overapply this powder, but a heavy hand is easy to fix, because the powder is so finely milled. Because the powder is so fine, it's hard to look cakey, provided that your face is moisturized properly before application. No other loose powder makes my complexion look so smooth and radiant, as if I wasn't wearing anything at all. I use this as a setting powder over tinted moisturizer / sunblock, or alone, without oxidation of any kind. I bought mine on ebay for a reasonable price, and you get alot of product, so this will last me a while. A real luxury and highly recommended.

on 1/4/2009 12:37:00 AM

I bought this powder in the shade Peau Ambree. Initially I wasn't sure if I should get Peau Ambree or Sable, it's difficult to judge the swatches on line. I consulted with Diane (Caron consultant) on the phone and she was very helpful!! She sent samples of different shades of the powder along with the powder I bought just so I can try it before I open the package...which was very helpful. Peau Ambree was just a tiny bit lighter than my skintone, very slight, but I prefer to be it to be lighter. After I evened all the powder out with a powder brush, the powder definitely evened out my skintone. Sable was a bit dark and it looked muddy on my skin.

Peau Ambree was perfect for my skin tone and I love that it is lightly scented like roses. I use it after I apply Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Nude.

My makeup stays fresh ALL day without oxidation or change of color.

For reference : Other powder and foundation shades I use:
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Foundation - NC35
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder - Medium Plus
Chantecaille -Loose powder in Ray
Chanel Teint Innocence - Beige
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Nude

I bought also the peach swan down powder puff it's so cute! I got the small refillable powder compact that came with the tiny powder puff. I love everything I bought from Caron!

on 8/29/2007 11:18:00 AM

Oh yes, Caron's loose powder is *all that*! I have tried so many powders and foundations, trying to find The One that would subdue the oiliness of my complexion. So many promised, none delivered. After an hour or two, my face is shiny once again. Then I tried Caron Poudre Peau Fine in the classic formula. I got the shade called Noisette, a medium pink-toned color that perfectly matched my medium complexion*. I'm wearing the powder today, and I just checked myself in the mirror, because I usually need a touch-up right about now (I bought the sweet little portable loose powder compact, which comes with its own goosedown powder puff, for this purpose). Lo and behold - after 5 hours, I'm not shiny! And I'm not cakey-matte, either. I'm actually glowy! The icing on the cake is that the powder smells like N'Aimez Que Moi - my Holy Grail perfume! Ah, Caron. Is there anything you can't do?

*UPDATE: The shade "Noisette" is actually not right for me. I have just tried the warm-toned Sables and it's a much better match.