Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Caron Paris Classic Formula loose powder

1 review

Formule : Talc, Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium myristate, Zinc stearate, Isopropyl palmitate, Fragance (parfum), Benzyl alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Everinia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, Genariol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Imidazolidinylurea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).

on 6/27/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a review for the transparent powder. Like another reviewer stated, Caron has two formulations: the classic one, which is for combination/oily skin, and transparent, which is for normal/dry/sensitive skin. I got it in "Translucide" which is the most popular shade in the transparent line. It looks alarmingly pink (I have very strong yellow undertones in my skin), but looks gorgeously natural.

I've been lemming this ever since I read about it here on MUA, but unfortunately Diane from the Caron boutique in NYC warned against shipping to Canada because of the high customs fees. Luckily, my sister was in Paris recently and was kind enough to go out of her way to pick me up some of this powder. It came to about $60 CDN(45 euro). I gave this product 3 lippies for price-while the initial cost is high, it is a whopping 30g!! MAC powders are only 8-10g and cost close to $30...so the Caron powder works out to only about 2/3 of the price of MAC, for a significantly better product!

The packaging is beautiful-the powder is housed in a gold colored container with a pop off lid. Inside that is a screw off lid, which means it's great for travel! There is no built in sifter. Instead, Caron includes a separate one. How I use it is I dab a powder brush in the powder, then run it across the separate sifter, allowing any extra powder to fall back into the container. This gives me the perfect amount of product to gently brush across my face. The powder puff included is useless for me.

I liked the vintage feel of the scent, but be warned, it is quite strong. I took the lid off and left it open for a few weeks, covered with a piece of tissue paper. The smell is now lovely, and much more subtle.

This hasn't irritated or broken me out at all. It is dermatologist recommended in France, and gives me a beautiful, soft, velvety finish over my makeup. It looks natural and wears for hours. I used to blot about 5-6 hours into my day, but I can now skip that. Rebuy forever for me!

Ingredients (paraben free, yay!!): talc, magnesium carbonate, magnesium myristate, zinc stearate, diisopropyl sebacate, fragrance, iron oxides, ultramarines, alumina, citronellol, geraniol, linalool, hydroxycitronellal, eugenol, cinnamyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate, citral evernia prunastri (oakmoss) extract