Caron Classic Formula loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Caron Classic Formula loose powder

1 review

Formule : Talc, Magnesium carbonate, Magnesium myristate, Zinc stearate, Isopropyl palmitate, Fragance (parfum), Benzyl alcohol, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Everinia prunastri (oakmoss) extract, Genariol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Limonene, Imidazolidinylurea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492).

Being a huge fan of the Caron translucent formula powders, I was eager to try the classic formula. The difference between the two is that with the translucent formula there is the tiniest bit of shimmer. When I say tiny I mean absolutely miniscule. The naked eye can barely detect it and it is nice to use over your foundation to set or even over bare skin to give you a little more polished look if you do not like to wear foundation. I have used the translucent formual for over a year and I have to say that it is the best quality I have ever tried and I've tried them all. The only one I would use if I could not get this would be Becca. So, back to the Caron....the classic formula is more of a foundation powder. There is no shimmer at all in this yet is is not dull or flat at all.It gives you coverage whereas the translucent does not. At first I resisted this formula. I had an image in my mind of an older woman with that chalky powdered look, lines galore and powder seeping into those lines. Nothing could be farther from the truth with this glorious stuff. The wonderful Caron SA Diane put some of the Caron primer on me and then proceeded to rub powder all over my face with a cotton ball till I looked like George Washinhgtons wig. I was initially horrified till she explained that this is the way to do it, to massage it gently into your pores and then buff off the excess with a brush. I had always just used a brush from the get go and I had never done it this way before. I was skeptical. I went outside with a mirror into the harsh sunlight and I could not believe it. My face looked amazing. So flawless and natural.Despite the way it was applied it felt weightless on my skin. Even when I've tried mineral make up, I feel the presence of something there but I felt nothing with this powder om my skin. How on earth could powder do this??? This is the most finely milled powder I've ever seen. It does have the scent of rose which I like despite usually hating rose scents. It lasts and lasts. I got a sample to "live with" for the week before committing to purchasing but I am completely sold on this. Today I experimented and misted my face with the Scott Barnes luminizing mist and it set my face beautifully. Even my boyfriend commented while we were outside walking around in the heat that my face looked so soft and beautiful today. The package insert states that both formuals contain pure mineral elements and they do appear to have moisturizing properties but they are far from the heavier mineral make ups that I have tried. I cannot rave enough about this product. It is $45 for a huge 30g (1 ounce) container. The container is beautiful, gold with an insert that makes it more travel friendly. I want to shout from the rooftops how flattering this is and what an undiscovered gem sits in this madison ave boutique.