Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Smoky Rose

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Smoky Rose
Super Lustrous Lipstick - Smoky RoseSuper Lustrous Lipstick - Smoky RoseRevlon Super Lustrous LipsticksRevlon Super Lustrous - Smoky Rose

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am all in on this lipstick.

Smoky Rose is a perfect name - this is how I wish "rose" was interpreted by makeup companies instead of the pink that usually bears this name. It's a healthy pink with a bit of sheer taupe to it. Still very pretty but no longer sweet, sophisticated but friendly. I get a decent flush of color for three to four hours with a depth of color that last for a few more after. I really can't put my finger on why I love this so much, but it's just so perfect. I love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks (with the exception of the execrable Love is On - what the crap is that mess?), but this is holy grail. I should write inspirational notes to myself on the mirror in this like, "pipe in three days, train hard," thus reminding myself daily that Hawaii is beautiful, women surfers are fierce and I should go work on my art with fierce spirit.

This is one of the few lipsticks that I have used up and ran right out to pick up more. It's my go to color. I can quickly swipe it on between classes and go. It's a great every day shade and goes with everything. I usually go with something more dramatic when I get dressed up, but for daily use, this is great.

on 5/30/2016 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I am a woc, wear revlon colorstay foundation in caramel. This is a perfect nude for me. Not ashy, don't need a liner just throw on and it looks great. Recommended!

on 9/19/2015 4:40:00 PM

I bought this lipstick because I saw many internet postings saying it's a dupe for Mac's Midimauve. It isn't. At least, it isn't on me. It's browner, less lustery (not in a good way) and pretty drying. The price is great, I could buy three of these for the price of one Mac lipstick. However, I don't think the formula holds a candle to Mac's. I will wear it occasionally, I'm sure, especially maybe at night, but probably won't repurchase.

on 8/16/2015 2:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Found this at Target for around $5 and never looked back! This is definitely my most used, most worn lipstick! Smokey Rose is basically a neutral, brownish rose, MLBB kind of color. Definitely not one of those in-your-face, obnoxious colors. This lipstick is affordable, flattering, and decently lasting on the lips. What's not to like?!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit- Tried this over MAC retro and softened it in a can't-put-my-finger-on-it way. I am a 'true autumn' so perhaps if you are in that colour season you will like?

Oh my God you have to try this as a layering lipstick! I tried it layered over (and sometimes under) my HG nude liptick, a plain apricot-beige (anna sui 701). This adds an extra dimension, a really beautiful effect. I like it on its own too. I think the thing with pearly or frosted lipsticks is that you NeED to try before you buy. They can come across vastly different on different skintones and faces. This one is beautiful when I don't want very smokey eyes or very dark lips, but still want a subtle vamp effect. Other lipsticks of this type are MAC Fluid and Revlon Copperglow Berry, both of which I adore. MAC O doesn't suit me as much because too warm and I am already pretty warm-toned. This one balances out the warmth.

on 3/21/2013 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This isn't a bad lipstick. It has a wonderful texture, it's long-lasting, and is a pretty color and when used sparingly over lip balm. It's also not particularly pricy. My only issue with this and the reason why it gets 4 stars not 5, and also why I may not buy it again is that it comes off a little frosted on my specific skin tone and lips (NC 50). I think it's the pearly, shimmery bits that gives this frosted effect. If this was a little less shimmery, it would be a definite definite HG!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I purchased a back-up for this today. This is a very nice and neutral nude with a slight bit of pink. Some neutrals wash me out, but this is definitely a MLBB shade.This is not a common shade and I have never found a dupe for it. It has as soft pearly finish which is very flattering and feminine.The lipstick itself is reasonably priced ($4.99cdn on sale), but the shade and quality are definitely high end. It's been said that you know a lip colour suits you when you can wear it with a bare face. Well, I wear this without any other makeup and it looks really nice. A definite asset to my cosmetic arsenal.

on 1/21/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This shade is comparable to Rimmel's Kate Moss 008, as both are warm, dusky-pink MLBB shades. However, Revlon ultimately wins out, albeit not by much. For one thing, the formula is just so much better - it's longer-lasting than Rimmel's, can be worn straight, without a protective layer of balm underneath, and best of all, doesn't dry into that gross flakey crust that Rimmel does. Smokey Rose also has a bit of glitter to it, which would normally be a point against it, but it's subtle enough that it doesn't at all look frosted or "LOOK AT MEEEEE!!!", just a nice, hardly-noticeable, understated shimmer. It's also a little warmer than Kate Moss, which is a true darkish-warm pink, while Smokey Rose leans slightly more reddish/coppery, which looks better for my (pale, slightly ruddy) skintone, but may look different on you.

Smokey Rose is my go-to shade when I don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup, but still want that extra little push of color.

on 11/7/2012 10:40:00 PM

I love this color! Bought this based on the reviews. Great neutral shade,will definately repurchase.