Essie Hot Spot

4.6

on 8/12/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hot Spot is one of my favorite summer polish colors of all time. On me (yellow-toned NC25), Hot Spot is a pinky coral red. I don't see any orange tones, either in the bottle or when applied to my nails. I pulled out Essie Clambake, which is definitely orange red, for reference and I can see that Hot Spot has quite a bit more pink. Hot Spot looks downright pink when compared to my absolute favorite orange red, BB Couture Poppy Passion. Hot Spot is not a true jelly but it's also a touch more transluscent than a creme. Three coats is perfect for me.

on 7/31/2006 9:36:00 AM

I bought this on a whim not realizing that I had Coral Reef at home - it seems to be very similar in the bottle, but I'll have to try applying them side by side to see the difference. Anyway, this is a fun, summery color, red with a bit of coral & pink thrown in, and great for a pedicure.

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/30/2006 12:40:00 PM

A very cute mid-toned coral creme that is a bit more orange-red than pink. It's a perfect summer polish and looks very nice on lightly tanned NC30-35 me! It applies smoothly and streak-free.

Click for my pic. continued >>

The Essie nail polish that sparked my addiction. I'd say Hot Spot is a pinky-orange with no shimmer. And like the reviewer below me said it looks great with a tan.

A gorgeous creme orange-red. No sparkles, just a lovely flood of flame-colored polish on the nail. A perfect summer color. Simple, fresh and beautiful, especially with a tan. A winner.

Popular Polishes