Burt's Bees Lipsticks-- New Packaging [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I find that the lipstick is not as long wearing as the lip crayon and there is very little difference in the finish. I bought my lipstick in Suede Splash and it is the perfect nude colour for a lot of complexion.

on 4/9/2006 7:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I was attracted to these lipsticks by their vibrant colors, and not knowing which one to choose, I bought a package of miniatures in every shade. Well, though the colors are beautiful and the ingredients wholesome, I have to say I was sorely diappointed. They are very waxy and "thin" in pigmentation, they do not last long and they feel more like lip-balm. I won't be buying them in the future.

on 1/4/2006 2:48:00 PM

This stuff is so dry I feel like I'm dragging chalk across my lips when I apply it! That's a shame, because I like the color I tried (Pommegranate) very much. It's semi-sheer, semi-matte, pinky-red and looks perfect with my pale skin.

on 6/8/2005 3:02:00 PM

According to Burt's Bees, The "Wings of Love" lipsticks have been discontinued as of January 2004 and replaced with 6 new colors:

Sorbet - A warm and delicate coral spring pink.
Persimmon - A warm, sunny ripe peach.
Latte - A creamy nude whisper of coffee.
Fig - A succulent, intense red earth brown.
Eggplant - A mysterious sophisticated deep mauve purple.
Pomegranate - A juicy, inviting deep rose fuchsia.
Mulberry - A rich and luscious bright terracotta red.

From a Burt's Bees rep:
"These are all approximations of our former shades matched with our new hues.

Sorbet is sort of a brighter version of Grace.
Persimmon is sort of a darker version of Grace.
Latte is sort of a lighter version of Strength.
Fig is the exact same shade as Honesty.
Mulberry is sort of a darker version of Honesty.
Eggplant is sort of a lighter version of Spontaneity.
Pomegranate is fairly close to Play."

on 6/6/2005 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a general review of the new Burt's Bees lipsticks, replacing the old "Wings of Love" formulation. The new colors include Sorbet, Persimmon, Latte, Fig, Eggplant, Mulberry, and Pomegranate. I have Fig, a deeper rosy-brown neutral, and Pomegranate, a bright fuchsia tending to red rather than purple. These were the only colors I thought would look good on my PPP skin; Latte, Persimmon, and Sorbet are all in the pale/dull/nude family. On the whole, I like these, and I think all-natural lipstick is a good idea. I love the peppermint flavor/scent that sticks with you after applying! I find the lipsticks work best if I apply two or three layers. They form a bleed-free matte finish that is creamy and non-drying, and they last several hours. To sum: If you like the idea of natural lipstick and prefer a semi-matte finish, these are perfect and the peppermint scent is a lovely touch. However, if you like a glossy finish, a wide range of shades, or super-saturated color, Burt's Bees is not for you.

Popular Lipsticks