OPI Dutch Tulips

4.5

on 1/30/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I'm really a total klutz in the application of polishing my nails..and my nails in general are brittle, I get my nails done (sorry--acrylic nail tips) at the nail place on a regular basis...and the one nail polish I ALWAYS go to is OPI's "Dutch Tulips". I like a classic red nail. There is something elegant, classic and chic about a red nail--but it needs to be the right shade of red. For my fair skin--any red with traces of orange just don't work with my skin tone. Dutch Tulips is a red that is blue based, but the color itself almost borders on the deepest pink or raspberry. It is a true red though. I can pick this color out in any row of the reds that the nail place I go to has on display. The color is truly beautiful. In addition, it is a very intense shade that really only needs one coat. Hopefully OPI will never discontinue this shade--it would be a shame if they did.
In fact, now I'm thinking-- I need to purchase a few bottles of this to bring when I get my nails done--Just in case!!

Not sure how I feel about this polish. I bought dutch tulips because it was a pretty pink-toned red in the bottle. But, on the nail is just looks like your typical bright red. When I swatch some other bright reds side by side with this one, I can slightly notice the pink tones. I think someone with a darker skin tone would notice the pink, but on my fair skin this just isn't special. On the plus side, it's still pretty and applies well with no streaking and is opaque in two coats

on 6/10/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty, blue-based pinky-red. It looks bright and perfect for summer, but if you're cool-toned, this is just going to look like another boring, slighly bright red. I think this would look terrific on golden girls, because the pink will really show up on golden undertones, and give that bright "pop" of color. Of course, the quality is excellent, as with all OPI nail polishes, and the name, "Dutch Tulips," is so fitting. However, I will add this to my collection of "looks great on other people" nail polishes. Sigh.

This is my HG polish - I have very pale skin with pink/blue undertones and this is one of the few bright reds I can wear - usually reds look very stark on me, but this one is just bright and pretty against my skin. I agree with the other reviewers - this is really a pinkish red, not a rose color. My toes are painted in Dutch Tulips all summer long.

This is my favorite spring and summer color. It's a juicy pinky-red but dries a little more on the red side, it's very fresh, clean and glossy, somehow reminds me of a watermelon.

on 8/29/2006 4:10:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite shades. A great spring and summer shade to wear with sandals. It is a pinky red. Has a great shine and long wearing.

on 5/5/2006 4:38:00 PM

I'm wearing this on my toes and I've received tons of compliments. It's a beautiful rose-red (when I saw it in the bottle, I thought it would be a rich rose but it's turned out to be red) and definitely a shade I'll wear again.

This has been my favorite summer color on my toes. It's a true, creamy shiny red with just a touch of fruit punch. It looks great on pale or tanned toes and lasts more than a weeks with TONS of shine. A winner!

Popular Polishes