OPI Dutch Tulips

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
OPI Dutch Tulips

4.6

OPI is known for doing red nail polishes well, and Dutch Tulips is no exception! This is a classic shade and for a good reason, it is an extremely well formulated shade of blue based red which pulls ever so slightly pinkish. The formula is excellent, two coats is perfection, though it could be worn with only one if you are so inclined. The colour dries to a shiny finish. It has great lasting power, lasting about 5 days without chipping or tipwear when paired with base and topcoat. I find this to be the standard for OPI polishes. This is a shade which I believe would be flattering on all skin tones and shades. This is a great classic shade, and I highly recommend it to someone who needs a gorgeous red.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG red polish. Doesn't look too intense and is just gorgeous and bright against my skin. This is a pink/red color and looks fab on my toes

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is gorgeous. It's like a bright, red/blue color. Tone is cool and just when you think it's going to be a plain bright red, you see the undertones of pink color that mkes this really really stand out. Quality is great and I will be purchasing again.

on 10/9/2015 10:22:00 PM

I love this color and the name Dutch Tulips. Its a nice red, not too red and not too pink, just perfect for nails or toes.

on 5/4/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Cutest color for a pedicure if you have fair, pinkish skin. I found the wear to be typical overall of OPI polishes. It's a pretty bright, intense color, so I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a manicure, but I could see myself wearing it as a pedi all summer. Could be paired with pink as well as red fingernails, although it's more of a red than a pink itself. I've been wearing it with Illamasqua Fire Rose on my fingers, and it's looked really pretty.

on 6/11/2013 2:13:00 PM

I love all OPI nail polishes. They are long wear and quick to apply. The price is a little on the high side but worth it! This shade is great!

on 4/23/2013 7:00:00 PM

I won't be wearing this colour but it deserves a good rating for ease of application and full, smooth opacity after applying one or two coats. I do love OPI's wider brush and smoother consistency than many of my Essie colours. Dutch Tulips is just not my colour--although it appeared pinky-red in the bottle, on my nails it's more of a true, blue-based red against my NC20-ish skin tone. A word of caution--this was more difficult to remove than any of my other dark polishes and left a slight red stain on my nails, even though I used a good base coat.

on 11/23/2012 4:36:00 PM

I absolutelly love this color. After having it for a month, I bought second bottle, because it was in sale and I was worried that it will be ended. It is a bright ping-red color, very shiny, makes my day much better :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was looking for a nice bluish red so had someone help me choose. They suggested something else and Dutch Tulips. This was suggested to me awhile ago already so I bought it this time. At the store, it looked red but now that I've tried it on and had seen the bottle in different lighting, it looks reddish fuchsia. May have to go back and get that other red -- whatever its name. I love OPI though because the brush is so wide that I only need to swipe twice (I keep my nails short and my nails are fairly petite). The paint consistency is runny enough that a bottle will last a long time…and it doesn't dry out even after a year. I only need one layer to get true color. Worth the price! Gave a high rating because it's a beautiful color even if it wasn't what I was looking for.

on 7/9/2012 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

While I don't own this product, I just got a manicure with this color. It is a nicely opaque (with two coats) pinky red/blue-based red. It looks great on tan skin, the perfect summer color for mani and/or pedi. Does seem to be getting tip wear much sooner than I would like (within a day). Very pretty summer red, though!

Popular Polishes