OPI Dutch Tulips

OPI Dutch Tulips

4.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have probably six or seven "classic" reds and this one is my absolute favorite for summer. Why for summer? Well, it's just a tad brighter, maybe a little pinker than any of the others. It is definitely blue-based, which works great for me (fair-medium, cool undertones). In the bottle it looks a lot like Essie's "She's Pampered," or Sally Hansen Salon "Right Said Red," but it's not exactly the same in real life. I don't know exactly why but it really is just a notch brighter.

Could you wear it in winter? Absolutely! It's gorgeous anytime, but I especially like it for summer, and am, in fact, wearing it right now. I've had this one for some time, but it shows no gloopiness at all.

I do love OPI polishes. Most of them are wonderful and with a coat of Seche Clear on the bottom and a top coat (I like Seche Vite except for the shrinkage, am using Out the Door today, and also like Poshe), I get an easy workweek out of a manicure. I work with my hands in a variety of creative endeavors, but also do dishes, housework, and all the other not-so-fun but necessary stuff, and it still hangs on. Sometimes, midway through the week, I'll pop on one more coat, just to forestall any chipping, and add an extra top coat, but I don't think you'd have to.

So, yeah, I love it.

on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my new favorite red! I love OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock and could never find a replacement. I came across Dutch Tulips and now I'm in love. This is a beautiful classic red and looks good on all digits. Perfect for all holiday seasons and all year round. Love this red.

Love this colour! In the bottle and when I apply it I try to work out if it is pink or red. When it dries it is red one me. I don't wear red often because I find it's too harsh on me but because it leans towards pink it looks great!

As mbrow222 said, it's a hot pink version of burgandy. Goes on really bright!

Love it. I had my first pro manicure with this colour and still have a soft spot for it years later!

Usually I prefer very dark purple/red/black/vampy colors....so I was very surprised when I found myself captivated at the store staring at the bottle of Dutch Tulips. It's not a color I would usually want to buy AT ALL, but I figured I would branch out a little and try a bright/more summery shade. Once I got the polish on my nails, it was love at first sight! I really enjoy this color....it is my "go-to" polish when I want something on my nails and toes that isn't as vampy as what I normally wear. If you are like me and usually only wear darker colors and are thinking of trying a more bright/summery color, try Dutch Tulips...it's divine!

on 5/29/2011 10:45:00 PM

I lovvvvee this colour. Dutch tulips is avery pretty bright pink/red. It is like the hot pink version of burgundy. It is so bright and cheerful, that I find myself staring at my nails whenever I put it on. Unique colour, that lasts pretty well and goes opaque with one coat. Super shine.

on 12/24/2010 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great color for my Casper white complexion. I love it on my toes, it is pretty and so fun! Its a very nice light blue-red and is lovely even in fall/winter. I am a Strawberry Margarita girl on my toes all summer but I quite like this shade for something different. Goes on easily, stays on well, does not show mistakes as glaringly as some other polishes. Not too sparkly which is good because at 40 I feel silly when I am overly shiny. I also like I can wear this on my fingers well, it's not too garish.

on 6/1/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this color!
It's my go-to red, especially is summer. Very blue red with a youthful and fun look. Great for pedi's.

on 5/28/2010 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a big fan of red polish but on a whim I bought this. This is a lovely shade, mainly red with the merest hint of pink. The quality of this polish is superb. Goes on very smoothly. My feet always look like I have had a pedicure when I use OPI and despite the price I will only be using OPI from now on. This is the third polish I have from them and they are all the same brilliant quality - and you get a lot in the bottle. I am wearing DT now - I look like I have happy toes. Great in the sunlight.

on 5/27/2010 11:26:00 AM

I have loved this color since college! (1992) and have been buying it repeatedly since then.

I feel its more of a red than a pink ---but its just a sweet color and looks great for summer. Happy fingers and toes!

I love this color. It's a bright red/pink and it applies flawlessly. It seriously knows where to go--awesome creamy smooth formula and opacity. 2 coats and you're good to go. I think this color would flatter lots of different skintones. This polish is a new favorite for me. Great on tips or toes, and good for all seasons. Winner!

Popular Polishes