OPI Dutch Tulips

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
OPI Dutch Tulips

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG red polish. Doesn't look too intense and is just gorgeous and bright against my skin. This is a pink/red color and looks fab on my toes

on 6/2/2016 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mid-toned poppy red creme (in case tulip red is hard to visualize). Not too bright, not too dark. Cute, peppy, and quite flattering (not harsh or stark, on me anyway). In the bottle (especially at Ulta), you can see the pink undertone (my main reason for trying this red). On the nail, I don't see that pink, though. Maybe it's my warm skintone?

Formula is great. 2 coats, creamy, self leveling. I think it's chip resistant, too. Great classic OPI. Removal can leave just a touch of staining. Just a touch.

*************************
FYI... The worst staining red OPI I've used is Malaga Wine, even though it has a great formula and reputation. Malaga Wine looked terrible on me and drained all color from my skin.
*************************

I have always avoided overt, literal reds, but his one has really won me over. Looks great against a slight tan. Really pops, but is not "loud", if that makes sense. It's not obnoxious.

Update: Christmas is this week, and this is a really cute Christmas red, too. I don't have a tan, and it still looks nice, and appropriate. Adorable pop of color.

So, the pink in the bottle may not literally translate on the nail 100%, but that may be what you want to get the "ideal red" color, however you define it. Either way, reds are a gamble sometimes. I like this one, and glad I tried it. If you're looking for a poppy red, this could be the one for you.

Not sure how I feel about this polish. I bought dutch tulips because it was a pretty pink-toned red in the bottle. But, on the nail is just looks like your typical bright red. When I swatch some other bright reds side by side with this one, I can slightly notice the pink tones. I think someone with a darker skin tone would notice the pink, but on my fair skin this just isn't special. On the plus side, it's still pretty and applies well with no streaking and is opaque in two coats

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I do not like this color on fingernails, but this color is one of my favorites for a summer pedicure. Very bright, and it looks awesome with a super shiny top coat.

on 8/21/2009 11:58:00 PM

If I could only wear one nail polish for the rest of my life, this would be my pick. It's red enough to be classy, but pink enough to be fun. There's something sexy about this shade. It looks good with my work wardrobe, but if I want to put something more daring for the evening, this shade transfers perfectly.HG nail polish!

Popular Polishes