OPI Dutch Tulips

OPI Dutch Tulips

4.6

on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my new favorite red! I love OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock and could never find a replacement. I came across Dutch Tulips and now I'm in love. This is a beautiful classic red and looks good on all digits. Perfect for all holiday seasons and all year round. Love this red.

on 4/23/2013 7:00:00 PM

I won't be wearing this colour but it deserves a good rating for ease of application and full, smooth opacity after applying one or two coats. I do love OPI's wider brush and smoother consistency than many of my Essie colours. Dutch Tulips is just not my colour--although it appeared pinky-red in the bottle, on my nails it's more of a true, blue-based red against my NC20-ish skin tone. A word of caution--this was more difficult to remove than any of my other dark polishes and left a slight red stain on my nails, even though I used a good base coat.

This is by far the best red nail varnish I have used, and I have tried loads. It is a bright red but without looking pink/coral.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was looking for a nice bluish red so had someone help me choose. They suggested something else and Dutch Tulips. This was suggested to me awhile ago already so I bought it this time. At the store, it looked red but now that I've tried it on and had seen the bottle in different lighting, it looks reddish fuchsia. May have to go back and get that other red -- whatever its name. I love OPI though because the brush is so wide that I only need to swipe twice (I keep my nails short and my nails are fairly petite). The paint consistency is runny enough that a bottle will last a long time…and it doesn't dry out even after a year. I only need one layer to get true color. Worth the price! Gave a high rating because it's a beautiful color even if it wasn't what I was looking for.

on 1/7/2012 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this color. I tend to like deep pinks, fuschias, plums, purples. And this color is great. I love it for my toes BUT for some reason this is the worst to get off! I use a base coat first and sometimes a top coat. When I remove this, it smears terribly! It takes forever to remove the traces from my nails and skin. If I don't wear gloves when removing I have it on my hands too. I don't seem to have this problem with other polishes or colors, just this one. I'll keeping using what I have, but I won't repurchase.

Love this colour! In the bottle and when I apply it I try to work out if it is pink or red. When it dries it is red one me. I don't wear red often because I find it's too harsh on me but because it leans towards pink it looks great!

As mbrow222 said, it's a hot pink version of burgandy. Goes on really bright!

Love it. I had my first pro manicure with this colour and still have a soft spot for it years later!

on 4/10/2011 2:51:00 PM

I'm not really into nail polish that much ... I think I've only purchased 2 bottles within the last 3 years. I occasionally get pedicures though and like to try a different color each time. I had a pedicure with Dutch Tulips last summer and I loved it! I'm going to buy a bottle - first time I've felt compelled to do that.

on 12/24/2010 11:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Great color for my Casper white complexion. I love it on my toes, it is pretty and so fun! Its a very nice light blue-red and is lovely even in fall/winter. I am a Strawberry Margarita girl on my toes all summer but I quite like this shade for something different. Goes on easily, stays on well, does not show mistakes as glaringly as some other polishes. Not too sparkly which is good because at 40 I feel silly when I am overly shiny. I also like I can wear this on my fingers well, it's not too garish.

on 5/4/2010 7:45:00 PM

Great color, great formula! I have an NC15 skintone for ref and was looking for a pretty pink-red. This is it! It's a gorgeous cream dark pink with red in it, OR a bright cherry red with lots of pink tones. Either way: LOVE.

My toes look yummy!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a good red, but too common. It's classy, but doesn't have that sparkle that a red should have.

Popular Polishes