OPI Dutch Tulips

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
OPI Dutch Tulips

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is gorgeous. It's like a bright, red/blue color. Tone is cool and just when you think it's going to be a plain bright red, you see the undertones of pink color that mkes this really really stand out. Quality is great and I will be purchasing again.

on 10/9/2015 10:22:00 PM

I love this color and the name Dutch Tulips. Its a nice red, not too red and not too pink, just perfect for nails or toes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have probably six or seven "classic" reds and this one is my absolute favorite for summer. Why for summer? Well, it's just a tad brighter, maybe a little pinker than any of the others. It is definitely blue-based, which works great for me (fair-medium, cool undertones). In the bottle it looks a lot like Essie's "She's Pampered," or Sally Hansen Salon "Right Said Red," but it's not exactly the same in real life. I don't know exactly why but it really is just a notch brighter.

Could you wear it in winter? Absolutely! It's gorgeous anytime, but I especially like it for summer, and am, in fact, wearing it right now. I've had this one for some time, but it shows no gloopiness at all.

I do love OPI polishes. Most of them are wonderful and with a coat of Seche Clear on the bottom and a top coat (I like Seche Vite except for the shrinkage, am using Out the Door today, and also like Poshe), I get an easy workweek out of a manicure. I work with my hands in a variety of creative endeavors, but also do dishes, housework, and all the other not-so-fun but necessary stuff, and it still hangs on. Sometimes, midway through the week, I'll pop on one more coat, just to forestall any chipping, and add an extra top coat, but I don't think you'd have to.

So, yeah, I love it.

on 6/11/2013 2:13:00 PM

I love all OPI nail polishes. They are long wear and quick to apply. The price is a little on the high side but worth it! This shade is great!

on 4/23/2013 7:00:00 PM

I won't be wearing this colour but it deserves a good rating for ease of application and full, smooth opacity after applying one or two coats. I do love OPI's wider brush and smoother consistency than many of my Essie colours. Dutch Tulips is just not my colour--although it appeared pinky-red in the bottle, on my nails it's more of a true, blue-based red against my NC20-ish skin tone. A word of caution--this was more difficult to remove than any of my other dark polishes and left a slight red stain on my nails, even though I used a good base coat.

This is by far the best red nail varnish I have used, and I have tried loads. It is a bright red but without looking pink/coral.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was looking for a nice bluish red so had someone help me choose. They suggested something else and Dutch Tulips. This was suggested to me awhile ago already so I bought it this time. At the store, it looked red but now that I've tried it on and had seen the bottle in different lighting, it looks reddish fuchsia. May have to go back and get that other red -- whatever its name. I love OPI though because the brush is so wide that I only need to swipe twice (I keep my nails short and my nails are fairly petite). The paint consistency is runny enough that a bottle will last a long time…and it doesn't dry out even after a year. I only need one layer to get true color. Worth the price! Gave a high rating because it's a beautiful color even if it wasn't what I was looking for.

on 1/7/2012 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this color. I tend to like deep pinks, fuschias, plums, purples. And this color is great. I love it for my toes BUT for some reason this is the worst to get off! I use a base coat first and sometimes a top coat. When I remove this, it smears terribly! It takes forever to remove the traces from my nails and skin. If I don't wear gloves when removing I have it on my hands too. I don't seem to have this problem with other polishes or colors, just this one. I'll keeping using what I have, but I won't repurchase.

on 11/28/2011 8:19:00 AM

This was the very first OPI color I ever used. It must have been 20 years ago. It's a classic, and I go back to it over and over.

on 5/29/2011 10:45:00 PM

I lovvvvee this colour. Dutch tulips is avery pretty bright pink/red. It is like the hot pink version of burgundy. It is so bright and cheerful, that I find myself staring at my nails whenever I put it on. Unique colour, that lasts pretty well and goes opaque with one coat. Super shine.

Popular Polishes