OPI Dutch Tulips

Filtered by skin type : Dry
OPI Dutch Tulips

4.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is gorgeous. It's like a bright, red/blue color. Tone is cool and just when you think it's going to be a plain bright red, you see the undertones of pink color that mkes this really really stand out. Quality is great and I will be purchasing again.

on 6/2/2016 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mid-toned poppy red creme (in case tulip red is hard to visualize). Not too bright, not too dark. Cute, peppy, and quite flattering (not harsh or stark, on me anyway). In the bottle (especially at Ulta), you can see the pink undertone (my main reason for trying this red). On the nail, I don't see that pink, though. Maybe it's my warm skintone?

Formula is great. 2 coats, creamy, self leveling. I think it's chip resistant, too. Great classic OPI. Removal can leave just a touch of staining. Just a touch.

*************************
FYI... The worst staining red OPI I've used is Malaga Wine, even though it has a great formula and reputation. Malaga Wine looked terrible on me and drained all color from my skin.
*************************

I have always avoided overt, literal reds, but his one has really won me over. Looks great against a slight tan. Really pops, but is not "loud", if that makes sense. It's not obnoxious.

Update: Christmas is this week, and this is a really cute Christmas red, too. I don't have a tan, and it still looks nice, and appropriate. Adorable pop of color.

So, the pink in the bottle may not literally translate on the nail 100%, but that may be what you want to get the "ideal red" color, however you define it. Either way, reds are a gamble sometimes. I like this one, and glad I tried it. If you're looking for a poppy red, this could be the one for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have probably six or seven "classic" reds and this one is my absolute favorite for summer. Why for summer? Well, it's just a tad brighter, maybe a little pinker than any of the others. It is definitely blue-based, which works great for me (fair-medium, cool undertones). In the bottle it looks a lot like Essie's "She's Pampered," or Sally Hansen Salon "Right Said Red," but it's not exactly the same in real life. I don't know exactly why but it really is just a notch brighter.

Could you wear it in winter? Absolutely! It's gorgeous anytime, but I especially like it for summer, and am, in fact, wearing it right now. I've had this one for some time, but it shows no gloopiness at all.

I do love OPI polishes. Most of them are wonderful and with a coat of Seche Clear on the bottom and a top coat (I like Seche Vite except for the shrinkage, am using Out the Door today, and also like Poshe), I get an easy workweek out of a manicure. I work with my hands in a variety of creative endeavors, but also do dishes, housework, and all the other not-so-fun but necessary stuff, and it still hangs on. Sometimes, midway through the week, I'll pop on one more coat, just to forestall any chipping, and add an extra top coat, but I don't think you'd have to.

So, yeah, I love it.

on 2/2/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic, gorgeous blue-based red creme.
Bright and happy and can red pink-ish.

Easy to apply and wears like a dream. (And also in gel color.)

on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my new favorite red! I love OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock and could never find a replacement. I came across Dutch Tulips and now I'm in love. This is a beautiful classic red and looks good on all digits. Perfect for all holiday seasons and all year round. Love this red.

on 4/30/2013 12:13:00 PM

This is so far the most gorgeous red shade I've got. It's more of red rather than pink though. At first I wanted to buy a pink shade, but when I apply it on my nails it shows more of red. However the color is so gorgeous so I want to keep it in my OPI collection.

This is my favorite OPI color!! love it!
I have fair skin, and Dutch Tulips looks great on my nails (hands and feet). it lasts a long time and has a great finish to it that I can even paint my nails myself and it doesnt look like a mess.
best color ever for reds/pinks.

on 5/4/2010 7:45:00 PM

Great color, great formula! I have an NC15 skintone for ref and was looking for a pretty pink-red. This is it! It's a gorgeous cream dark pink with red in it, OR a bright cherry red with lots of pink tones. Either way: LOVE.

My toes look yummy!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a pretty color. It was a very nice creme pinky/red color.Over all the color is nice it looks better in a bright room than in a dark or dim lit room!So i am always outside when i wear this color.

on 6/10/2008 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty, blue-based pinky-red. It looks bright and perfect for summer, but if you're cool-toned, this is just going to look like another boring, slighly bright red. I think this would look terrific on golden girls, because the pink will really show up on golden undertones, and give that bright "pop" of color. Of course, the quality is excellent, as with all OPI nail polishes, and the name, "Dutch Tulips," is so fitting. However, I will add this to my collection of "looks great on other people" nail polishes. Sigh.

Popular Polishes