OPI Dutch Tulips

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
OPI Dutch Tulips

4.9

OPI is known for doing red nail polishes well, and Dutch Tulips is no exception! This is a classic shade and for a good reason, it is an extremely well formulated shade of blue based red which pulls ever so slightly pinkish. The formula is excellent, two coats is perfection, though it could be worn with only one if you are so inclined. The colour dries to a shiny finish. It has great lasting power, lasting about 5 days without chipping or tipwear when paired with base and topcoat. I find this to be the standard for OPI polishes. This is a shade which I believe would be flattering on all skin tones and shades. This is a great classic shade, and I highly recommend it to someone who needs a gorgeous red.

on 2/2/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic, gorgeous blue-based red creme.
Bright and happy and can red pink-ish.

Easy to apply and wears like a dream. (And also in gel color.)

on 12/16/2014 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think I may have found my new favorite red! I love OPI Red Hot Ayers Rock and could never find a replacement. I came across Dutch Tulips and now I'm in love. This is a beautiful classic red and looks good on all digits. Perfect for all holiday seasons and all year round. Love this red.

on 5/4/2014 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Cutest color for a pedicure if you have fair, pinkish skin. I found the wear to be typical overall of OPI polishes. It's a pretty bright, intense color, so I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a manicure, but I could see myself wearing it as a pedi all summer. Could be paired with pink as well as red fingernails, although it's more of a red than a pink itself. I've been wearing it with Illamasqua Fire Rose on my fingers, and it's looked really pretty.

on 1/30/2014 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I'm really a total klutz in the application of polishing my nails..and my nails in general are brittle, I get my nails done (sorry--acrylic nail tips) at the nail place on a regular basis...and the one nail polish I ALWAYS go to is OPI's "Dutch Tulips". I like a classic red nail. There is something elegant, classic and chic about a red nail--but it needs to be the right shade of red. For my fair skin--any red with traces of orange just don't work with my skin tone. Dutch Tulips is a red that is blue based, but the color itself almost borders on the deepest pink or raspberry. It is a true red though. I can pick this color out in any row of the reds that the nail place I go to has on display. The color is truly beautiful. In addition, it is a very intense shade that really only needs one coat. Hopefully OPI will never discontinue this shade--it would be a shame if they did.
In fact, now I'm thinking-- I need to purchase a few bottles of this to bring when I get my nails done--Just in case!!

on 5/15/2013 4:53:00 PM

First I loved the name of this nail polish and than the color which is not as red as some people describe here. I mean it is red with pink undertones that you can notice only if you are outside in the sunlight. Application is beautiful one coat is already enough.

on 4/30/2013 12:13:00 PM

This is so far the most gorgeous red shade I've got. It's more of red rather than pink though. At first I wanted to buy a pink shade, but when I apply it on my nails it shows more of red. However the color is so gorgeous so I want to keep it in my OPI collection.

on 11/29/2011 5:41:00 AM

I bought this nailpolish because I am dutch so i thought it would be fun. Normally I'm not really a red pink kinda girl but this one i like a lot. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't chip to bad on my nails. As for the price: expensive! but that's because I live in Europe I guess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I don't often wear red polish, but based on the reviews here I decided to pick me up a bottle of Dutch Tulips. This is a beautiful blue-based red that looks amazing on even pale skin, such as my own. As per usual with OPI, the colour is bold and an excellent consistency. The brush allows for precise application making clean-up either not necessary or very minimal.

This will be my go-to red polish from here on in! Thanks reviewers :)

Love this colour! In the bottle and when I apply it I try to work out if it is pink or red. When it dries it is red one me. I don't wear red often because I find it's too harsh on me but because it leans towards pink it looks great!

As mbrow222 said, it's a hot pink version of burgandy. Goes on really bright!

Love it. I had my first pro manicure with this colour and still have a soft spot for it years later!

Popular Polishes