OPI Dutch Tulips

OPI Dutch Tulips

4.7

on 6/2/2016 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mid-toned poppy red creme (in case tulip red is hard to visualize). Not too bright, not too dark. Cute, peppy, and quite flattering (not harsh or stark, on me anyway). In the bottle (especially at Ulta), you can see the pink undertone (my main reason for trying this red). On the nail, I don't see that pink, though. Maybe it's my warm skintone?

Formula is great. 2 coats, creamy, self leveling. I think it's chip resistant, too. Great classic OPI. Removal can leave just a touch of staining. Just a touch.

*************************
FYI... The worst staining red OPI I've used is Malaga Wine, even though it has a great formula and reputation. Malaga Wine looked terrible on me and drained all color from my skin.
*************************

I have always avoided overt, literal reds, but his one has really won me over. Looks great against a slight tan. Really pops, but is not "loud", if that makes sense. It's not obnoxious.

Update: Christmas is this week, and this is a really cute Christmas red, too. I don't have a tan, and it still looks nice, and appropriate. Adorable pop of color.

So, the pink in the bottle may not literally translate on the nail 100%, but that may be what you want to get the "ideal red" color, however you define it. Either way, reds are a gamble sometimes. I like this one, and glad I tried it. If you're looking for a poppy red, this could be the one for you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have probably six or seven "classic" reds and this one is my absolute favorite for summer. Why for summer? Well, it's just a tad brighter, maybe a little pinker than any of the others. It is definitely blue-based, which works great for me (fair-medium, cool undertones). In the bottle it looks a lot like Essie's "She's Pampered," or Sally Hansen Salon "Right Said Red," but it's not exactly the same in real life. I don't know exactly why but it really is just a notch brighter.

Could you wear it in winter? Absolutely! It's gorgeous anytime, but I especially like it for summer, and am, in fact, wearing it right now. I've had this one for some time, but it shows no gloopiness at all.

I do love OPI polishes. Most of them are wonderful and with a coat of Seche Clear on the bottom and a top coat (I like Seche Vite except for the shrinkage, am using Out the Door today, and also like Poshe), I get an easy workweek out of a manicure. I work with my hands in a variety of creative endeavors, but also do dishes, housework, and all the other not-so-fun but necessary stuff, and it still hangs on. Sometimes, midway through the week, I'll pop on one more coat, just to forestall any chipping, and add an extra top coat, but I don't think you'd have to.

So, yeah, I love it.

on 2/2/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A classic, gorgeous blue-based red creme.
Bright and happy and can red pink-ish.

Easy to apply and wears like a dream. (And also in gel color.)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Was looking for a nice bluish red so had someone help me choose. They suggested something else and Dutch Tulips. This was suggested to me awhile ago already so I bought it this time. At the store, it looked red but now that I've tried it on and had seen the bottle in different lighting, it looks reddish fuchsia. May have to go back and get that other red -- whatever its name. I love OPI though because the brush is so wide that I only need to swipe twice (I keep my nails short and my nails are fairly petite). The paint consistency is runny enough that a bottle will last a long time…and it doesn't dry out even after a year. I only need one layer to get true color. Worth the price! Gave a high rating because it's a beautiful color even if it wasn't what I was looking for.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

One of OPI's best colors, IMO. I'd purchase again in a heartbeat.

on 11/28/2011 8:19:00 AM

This was the very first OPI color I ever used. It must have been 20 years ago. It's a classic, and I go back to it over and over.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite summer color! Looks great on my not so tanned feet. OPI is pretty high priced. I like to buy with my daughters when Ulta has buy two, get one free. Then we share colors.

on 6/1/2010 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Love this color!
It's my go-to red, especially is summer. Very blue red with a youthful and fun look. Great for pedi's.

on 5/28/2010 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a big fan of red polish but on a whim I bought this. This is a lovely shade, mainly red with the merest hint of pink. The quality of this polish is superb. Goes on very smoothly. My feet always look like I have had a pedicure when I use OPI and despite the price I will only be using OPI from now on. This is the third polish I have from them and they are all the same brilliant quality - and you get a lot in the bottle. I am wearing DT now - I look like I have happy toes. Great in the sunlight.

on 10/9/2009 11:51:00 PM

OPI Dutch Tulips is my favorite color I am already on the third bottle, I use it so often. It looks really nice on my olive complexion. The color is like Red Fushia. Very Bright and stays on for a long time. I use it with Seche Vite Quick Dry Top coat. For example, I will put a picture up next time I use it

Popular Polishes