4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I, too, received this as part of "My Mother, My Hero" collection, which is still listed on the BeautyCrunch.com website as of this writing. I admit that I was a bit skeptical about this color, because in the tube, it looks like a scary-dark plum that was too cool for my warmer complexion (NC25). I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised - on me it's more of a sheerer berry, that is definitely not too cool. It's a nice option when you want a little more color on the lips, but not OTT. No shimmer, which is also nice, and great for everyday with neutral or smokey eyes. Packaging is a sturdy aluminum, way better than the cardboard stuff Stila sometimes likes to use. I don't find this particularly moisturizing, though - I still need lip balm underneath for my poor chapped lips. As much as I like this, I probably wouldn't repurchase, since I feel that this color can be closely duped at a similar or better quality level with less expensive/drugstore lippies.

About reviewer (560 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

I love this lipstick. What a beautiful color. I don't normally like to wear dark lipstick, but this just has such a nice color. It is not too bright. It's a wine red, but looks like it has some brownish undertones. I got mine as part of the My Mother My Heroe collection which was only 19.95 for the whole set. So not sure how much the lipstick alone would be.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

10 years ago

I also got this in the 'my mother my hero' set, which I wanted for the gold glow and bronzer for summer. Yet I dug this out the other day looking for a plummy lip color and was quite surprised at how much I liked it on now that its winter. Its semi-sheer and semi-glossy, very moist and goes on nicely. It actually looks, or can look pretty matte but just gives a nice wash of color. Its buildable for brighter color, blot for a little less and I found it really just brightened up my winter face. I am going to pull this one out a little more often now that I realize what a lovely color it is. :)

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

It's nice to see this color back. If I'm not mistaken it was called Electra 3 yrs ago - sheer glossy plum. Was my favorite.

About reviewer (709 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Kinky, Medium

10 years ago

Got this from a set. It looked hella scary, but when worn, it's a nice plummy color. Goes on sheer. :)

About reviewer (16 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

Ever since I discovered discount beauty sites (beautycrunch.com & beautyticket.com) I’ve been obsessively collecting Stila items. One of my favorite finds is this Stila ‘Natalie’ lipstick. I got it as part of the ‘My Mother My Hero’ set (of which I’ve already purchased backups). I’m pretty sure this is a discontinued shade (no longer on Stila’s website), but I’ve already done my home work and this shade is in 3 Custom Color’s archives, if I truly get desperate to repurchase when my multiple backups run out. ‘Natalie’ is a beautiful sheer berry plum. A perfect MLBB lipcolor for me. A neutral-to-cool toned shade, though it seems to complement warmer-toned shades as well when I wear them. (I have neutral-toned skin, so I go either-way with makeup colors depending on what I’m wearing. I know, it’s a faux pas). I also adore Natalie Portman (who inspired the shade) and we share the same coloring, so that makes me like this even more. The tube is nice, simple, compact lightweight aluminum. The lipstick formula itself is semi-sheer with a slight glossy sheen to it. I can apply it without a mirror & not look ridiculous. It can be blotted & layered for more intensity (and better lasting power). It is neither drying nor particularly moisturizing, but it feels comfortable. The lasting power is pretty average (about 1 ½ hrs as long as I’m not eating/drinking), though it reapplies with ease I don’t mind reapplying. It has a bit of a waxy smell to it, which I don’t mind (I find it better than added fragrance). Overall, I love this lipstick. I’ve long been searching for a sheer berry MLBB lipcolor that brightens my teeth and lights up my face as this does. I wish the lasting power was a little better, but otherwise, this is as close to perfect as I think I’m going to get.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

11 years ago

I can't say anything negative about this lipstick. It's a scary dark plum in the tube, but transforms to a beautiful color on my lips. It's a warm plum, much more wearable than those with blue undertones. Great color for this fall/winter. I wouldn't describe this as a sheer lipstick. The color payoff is good. I love that this lipstick feels like a balm, very moisturizing and comfortable to wear. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (73 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

EyesBlack

11 years ago

I really love this! I got a Stila offer that this lipstick was free with an order, so I fell for it- and I'm so glad I did! Like so many of Stila's colors, it's intimidating in the package (like the hot pink Belle blush!) but beautiful on. It's a dark plum in the tube, but a beautiful sheer, buildable plum on! I love it, it's my new go-to lipstick. I will absloutely buy this again. I am very fair with brown eyes and red/brown hair. It isn't too blue-y of a plum for me. Gorgeous.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

11 years ago

I got this together with the bronzer, baked eyeshadow and mascara. I would definitely buy this lipstick again. It looks dark in the tube but once you apply it, it's so sheer it makes your fair skin look healthy..i hope they dont discontinue this..

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

11 years ago

This is my favorite product out of the My Mother My Hero kit! The kit is currently on Sephora for $20, a steal for 4 Stila products and a cute clutch! Natalie is a beautiful plum that goes on sheer. I find it a little hard to apply to bare lips, so I layer it over a little bit of lip gloss and it gives me the perfect pout. This lipstick has just enough of a blue tone to make teeth appear whiter too.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm