MAC Brush Cleanser

MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first I wasn't impressed, it seemed like it took too much product to cleanse my brushes, but then I quickly found out I was cleaning them the wrong way! But now I love it! It really does condition the bristles - leaves them soft and clean, without a strong smell of alcohol.

I think the price is okay, since the bottle lasts quite a while. Unless you use it every single day, but I don't do that. Once a week is quite enough. Pretty packaging too :)

on 2/15/2016 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Works but does take longer to dry than what I'd call 'spot cleaning'. I use this in between deep cleans and not as the sole method of cleaning my brushes

I pour some into a small plastic bowl and dip my brushes in it. Squeeze out excess after a minute and attempt to remove product inside brush. Then I let dry (takes a few minutes to hours depending on your brush density and size). This removes glitter from eyeshadows

I would not repurchase as I would rather use alcohol I can buy for less at the chemist. That will instantly dry your brushes too - which is great when you are going between eyeshadow shades.

To Read all 527 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/26/2015 6:00:00 PM

It's good to remove make up of my brushes but I think it's expensive for what it is, and my brushes smell funny after using it.

on 9/18/2015 11:52:00 AM

I decided to buy this after reading so many good reviews online, I have tried it today and I don't really like it.

1. The price is pretty high considering I can make my own brush cleanser at home and it cleaned just as well.

2. It sterilise the brushes, you can tell from the smell of the cleanser but doesn't wash out all the product that is inside.

However, I do like the idea of being able to sterilise the brushes using the cleanser, so I used this cleanser to clean all my brushes first. For the less heavily used brushes, they are cleaned very well, but for the heavily used brushes (Like foundation brush) I have to use Olive Oil+Soap to cleanse it again to make sure all the product are washed out.

I will not purchase this item again tho.
(I feel like I can add some anti-bacterial soap into the mix and that would just do the job just as well)

I really like this stuff. I mainly use it for spot cleaning between washes and it works great for that. It gets them clean fast and dries quickly.
I mostly use baby shampoo to deep clean since I only use my brushes on myself and don't really feel the need to sterilize them all the time. If I do use this for the deep clean I usually follow up with this after using the baby shampoo first (if brushes are very dirty). On relatively clean brushes I go straight for this.

The packaging is a huge downside when it comes to spot cleaning larger brushes. I felt like I was waisting a ton of product pouring this on tissues and towels, so I found a spray cap that fits on the bottle and it makes a world of difference!

The price is not too bad, especially considering that this is MAC-approved for cleaning brushes so you know it won't climb up and dissolve the glue in the ferule or damage the bristles or anything like that.

on 6/23/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a decent brush cleanser but it's definitely not worth the money. It gets the makeup out my brushes but it's nothing special or noteworthy.

Fantastic price for a fantastic product.
Really happy with this cleanser, it makes my brushes so white!
Cleans them perfectly. I did follow the instructions of damping before adding cleaner and rising after, however after reading many reviews and watching tutorials I've notice a lot of people just put it straight onto the dry brush & do not rinse after. I think I'll be doing that from now on as it seems more effective. Smells a little bit odd, couldn't quite put my finger on the smell. Leaves brushes super clean & fluffy.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Not worth $15! You need to much of this product to clean large brushes because it doesn't have a lather; however, it does get the white on my brushes back clean after palm cleaning for the third time in a row. Sephora's brush cleansers are much more effective.

on 4/28/2015 12:58:00 PM

bottom line...love it

love this so much makes my brushes look brand new

Popular Misc Beauty Tools