4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

This us a good product. It disinfect your brushes and removed all the embedded makeup. My only quirk it's too expensive. Something like this shouldn't be more than 10.00. 20.00 Canadian is very steep. If you're a makeup artist yes you get a discount but you will use this up in no time.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

2 years ago

This product has been a life saver! I never realised how dirty my brushes actually were!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I like this. A LOT. When I use it straight from the bottle, I pour some into a Dixie cup, dip the brush in, add a little water, and work the crud through the bristles. Usually, that's all it takes before I rinse them out, and my brushes are cleancleanclean. I like to use it from a spray bottle too. Just spritz it onto the bristles a couple of times and do the rest just like above. This seems a little less messy for me, although either method is great. To my mind, this is 1000X more effective than others I've tried (although I do also like the Sephora bar with the scrubby thing in the cap). I just can't deal with dirty brushes and pretty much wash them every day. My brushes are clean, soft, and have no smell when I use this stuff. Buy it again? Ahem. Yep. Already have.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

3 years ago

I find the formula too thin and watery which leads to most of this cleanser running down the drain rather than on ending up on my brushes. The packaging could be better too, by having a pump instead of the wide opening. This cleanser contains too much alcohol, has a chemical smell and seems to dry out my natural hair brushes more than I'm comfortable with. I'll use it up for quick in between cleanses but not for my weekly deep cleanse and I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (573 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

I'm suprised there are even bad reviews on here! Recently decided to try the brush cleanser during their 20% sale and I don't regret getting convinced by the MAC salesperson to get 2! It was my first time trying it and I was so blown away. Previously I've been using baby shampoo by Johnson’s to wash my brushes. And they do the job, it's looks and smells clean. But when I used this mac cleanser, it's so life changing! It completely got rid of all stains the baby shampoo didn't get rid of. The bristles never looked whiter. And it also leaves my brushes so soft and fluffy I'm not even exaggerating. There are 2 ways I use this. 1) For deep cleansing wash, I dampen my brush with water and then pour out the cleanser in a small cup and swirl the dampen brush in it and then further swirl the brush on my palms to really massage the brush and get the gunk out. 2) For spot cleaning, I simply pour out the cleanser in a spritzer bottle and spray the dry brush. And then swirl the brush on a kitchen towel and wala good as new. Of course the deep cleansing method gets rid of more and the spot cleaning is useful for when you don't have much time to let the brushes dry and you just need to get rid of most of the makeup residue. Been using it awhile now and my brushes are still good as new and clean as ever. No shedding whatsoever.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This is the ONLY thing that properly cleans all types of makeup from my brushes and sponges ( including my Beauty Blender). I use a variety of creams, powders and liquids for my makeup and Mac Brush Cleanser is the only thing that seems to just lift the makeup right out of my beauty tools and restores them to their clean, pristine selves. Also the smell is nice and clean so that helps!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I had been using MAC brush cleanser since I had bought a set of brushes 10 years ago, but didn't clean them often because the brush cleanser cost so much. It was fine for eye shadow but took a lot of cleanser to remove foundation and concealer from my brushes. I also have had a few bottles leak between the top and the bottle, losing quite a bit every time the bottle was tilted which made it even more aggravating. I was quite happy with the product except for the cost until I tried the home made version recently (EnKore) and it worked just as well. I like the convenience of this bottle but my likelihood of purchasing it has gone down.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

This is a very effective brush cleaner for in between deep washes. I use eyeshadows and eyeliner everyday so this brush cleanser is great for removing product from brushes each time I've used them. The only gripe I have is the lid on the bottle isn't the best as when I pour out product, a lot runs down but this could easily be solved by pouring the brush cleanser in to a spray bottle instead. Overall I would definitely recommend to those wanting an easy to use brush cleaner :)

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

At first I wasn't impressed, it seemed like it took too much product to cleanse my brushes, but then I quickly found out I was cleaning them the wrong way! But now I love it! It really does condition the bristles - leaves them soft and clean, without a strong smell of alcohol. I think the price is okay, since the bottle lasts quite a while. Unless you use it every single day, but I don't do that. Once a week is quite enough. Pretty packaging too :)

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

4 years ago

Works but does take longer to dry than what I'd call 'spot cleaning'. I use this in between deep cleans and not as the sole method of cleaning my brushes I pour some into a small plastic bowl and dip my brushes in it. Squeeze out excess after a minute and attempt to remove product inside brush. Then I let dry (takes a few minutes to hours depending on your brush density and size). This removes glitter from eyeshadows I would not repurchase as I would rather use alcohol I can buy for less at the chemist. That will instantly dry your brushes too - which is great when you are going between eyeshadow shades.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm