Sugar Cosmetics Tropic Tan ]

Sugar Cosmetics Tropic Tan ]

4.5

EDIT:::

Oh God, guys. I just got my latest compact from Sugar off of Amazon, and I am so upset - they changed the formula, so it no longer has the light shimmery glow that it used to - it's now just a dirty tan (although it looks similar in the pallet). I don't understand, because it's sold by the actual manufacturer and they made no mention that it wasn't the original. This new version is MAYBE a 3 Lippie, as it lackss EVERYTHING that made it look natural and glowy.

I will search for a dupe and update with what I find....

6/23/2016
This is hands down my favorite bronzer ever. I don't have many HG products, but this definitely is one of them.

I am pretty pale year round, so it's tricky for me to find a bronzer that doesn't make me look fake, dirty, or burnt. Despite how dark it looks in the compact, the color is surprisingly sheer and blendable on my pale skin, yet somehow is buildable and still adds enough color when I use (tons) of sunless tanner in the summer.

The product seems to not only bronze, but it also adds a nice glow that I have yet to achieve from any other bronzer -- I don't want sparkles on my cheeks, and some shimmers are way too noticeable - but this seems to add the right amount of glow.

I've never had oiliness problems or breakouts from this, and the color seems to last fairly well throughout the day. My biggest complaint is that they should sell smaller compacts, because I always seem to drop and shatter mine halfway through, wasting a ton... and it's hard to fit into my purse... but I guess this is more of a reflection on me than anything else.

I've had my current one for YEARS (like, 10, seriously), so I was nervous it was discontinued. Very excited I found it on Amazon. Bottom line, forget Smashbox, Bare Minerals, Nars (all of which I've used), and buy this gem.

on 4/17/2010 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is hands down by far my HG bronzer, and I have tried dozens, from the ever popular to randoms I gave a try, from high end to drugstore brand. I've never stuck with any of them (aside from NARS Casino a few years back). Everything about Tropic Tan is amazing - its the perfect color, it makes my skin look like it has an authentic golden brown tan - not like I'm wearing bronzer - perfect texture, i adore the compact (I've actually cleaned out and use all the empties for the mirror), it lasts forever. But apparently not actually forever, because when i found out it was being discontinued and my local sephora had none left, nor did the website, i actually called sephora's nationwide til i found one that had a few left and i ordered 3. Now I've hit serious pan on my last one and I could actually cry. I need to find a new HG and seeing as though I've pretty much tried everything out there, I dont know what to do. Any suggestions??? (this should only be my biggest problem in life, although the more pan i see, the more i feel like it is!)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hit pan twice! I know it's sad they discontinued... Definitely a great bronzer more browny than orange, shimmery and dark. I think 6 of my gfs all had this bronzer at one point, we all loved it. I better use it wisely since it's discontinued.

on 2/1/2010 6:48:00 PM

I've tried loads of bronzers and have always had trouble finding the right color. Everything else had either too much yellow or too much red/pink to it. This one was just right and looked natural. Very easy to apply the right amount of product, and getting a darker color just means pushing the brush in more firmly: no need for constant layering.
The texture is also very nice. It's not grainy or crumbly, and doesn't have giant chunks of anything (like many drugstore or glittery bronzers do). Love that it's in a big compact-- I just wish it was bigger! I hate running out of it.

on 6/12/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Waaaaaaaaaa they discontinued it!
I tried 12 bronzers at Sephora all ORANGY!!
This was the only Brown bronzer sales person suggested I tried Nars and it was brown but is had way to much sparkle :( so bummed about my favorite Bronzer

on 3/23/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i loveee this bronzer its realy give me anice color , and i use it ever day im soooo sad they discontinuate at ulta and sephora

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

They should have an option for reviewing that says "I would die if they ever dc'd this product" because this is exactly how I feel about Tropic Tan. I'm a LOLA and even though I looked tan because that's how nature intended, mother nature needed help giving me the extra oomph in the tan department. I have found that this product stands out really well on its own, to the point that now, I can just wear this all over my face, sans foundation or anything. So I just line my eyes and this does everything for me! Except get up every morning and go to work. HG status for sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AHH this line is discontinued at Sephora & ULTA!! I found this HALF OFF at Sephora for around $10 & I had to try it because the sales lady said it's being discontinued. I DO NOT put this on my face; too shimmery and dark. I apply it on my chest to bronze & shimmer the area. GREAT!

Great Product! Blends well, gives you a nice glow! Love the packaging so cute! Doesn't make you look orange, it gives you a natural look.

on 12/26/2008 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried many bronzer's and this is by far the best!!! I've been using this for about 3-4 years now, I love it! It looks very natural on the skin and for the price its well worth it because it lasts forever!! I use it about everyday & it lasts me about 9-10 months! Almost all my girlfriends use this & we all LOVE it! Just be careful with dropping & cracking it, it slips out of your hand pretty easily, all my girls & I have dropped & cracked one so were extra careful =)