Wet 'n' Wild crystal clear lip gloss

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

I love this lip gloss! I use it over lipstick and just by itself and it surprisingly stays on for quite a while. It was around a dollar when I purchased it at Walgreens (though I do think it was on sale). It feels very moisturizing and non-sticky which I love. Lip glosses that are sticky just really get on my nerves. I think this is a great alternative if you are not wanting to spend a crap ton of money on a high end lip gloss. In my opinion it is better than most high end lip glosses I have used (Buxom, MAC, etc.)

on 11/3/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is exactly what I had hoped for! I had purchased a Wet N Wild Megaslicks Sand Storm 913-C, which is a beautiful color but is matte. I hate matte. I bought this lipgloss to apply over top of the matte lipstick. It does exactly what it is supposed to-- it causes the lipstick to look shimmery. It is the right amount of sheen-- not oily, not wet-looking. I am not going to try to wear the gloss on its own, because I hate a nude lip look no matter whether shiny or matte--got to have color!

To Read all 48 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So awesome!! I luv this basically basic clear lipgloss...I have 2 of these in the 561A Crystal Clear (+ 1 beige clear & 1 pink clear, they make more than one "clear" w a clear "tint" to it FWIW also there are some clear glitter ones, which I do not have ...yet!!), I was on a clear lipgloss kick & decided to buy these (instead of Bonne Bell's clear LipLite lipgloss coz I don't like minty-flavored products, if u do find this offensive u can get the BB for less than ~USD$4 but I've heard it's mint!), but back to this little darling. I love the price first off which was -40% off on wnw so less than USD$2! Also wnw is a cruelty-free brand which is awesome! This has just the right texture; it's not gloppy nor thin, it's a little tad bit oilier than some glosses I have worn (...which are many!), but that helps keep it on/shiny/is moisturizing. I don't detect a lot of scent/taste nor that plastic thing people are speaking of (which is good! I hate yucky smelling products!), but I think they would/could improve it by adding a vanilla type MACesque type scent/flavor. Most of the MegaSlicks don't taste like anything to me. I have quite a few of the shades; they are staples for me. The packaging is cute; some of the wnw MegaSlicks glosses I have chalked up to cheap a packaging prototype that when you close the top some excess product oozes out the sides but you can wipe it off coz it won't leak in ur purse & the clear ones I have don't do that, that I have noticed (positive!). I also agree (below), I can't see spending a whole lot of $$$$$ on a clear lipgloss unless you want it to be a special one coz it's like, the only one you own/it's a gift/special flavor, but that's just my humble. I never used to like the color of my lips w/o a pencil, gloss, or lipstick of some kind but when you own the right clear gloss it can actually be really pretty & the maintenance is nil, which I love, no mirror needed to touch up, doesn't look weird when it rubs off smoking/eating/drinking & I think it goes w a lot of looks from lots of eyeliner to a very minimalistic look, goes with almost all of my outfits/style (I don't go to black tie affairs naturally if I was dressing up I might reach for a color!), but if you don't own at least one clear gloss you should really check them out. I am always losing glosses so I don't feel like this breaks the bank (cheap!) & is easily found at just about any store that sells wnw (accessible!), but it's popular apparently coz there usually is only one or 2 tubes of crystal clear in the wnw display. Luv!!!

on 9/13/2013 5:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I use clear wand tubes of lip gloss to mix some of my favorite colored micas into for custom glosses. For some time I've used these glosses because they're cheap and widely available but I got so tired of the thin, almost oily consistency. They smear off of my lips. They don't last very long. The micas don't stay in suspension so I have to stir and tilt the wand every time I use them.

I ended up switching to NYC Liquid Lip Shine, which I *love*, and I would recommend over WnW's version hands down. It's noticeably thicker and stays longer without being tacky. Plus for the same price you get more gloss, and the tube is nicer -- none of that nonsense where you either end up with gross sticker edges flapping around between the tube and cap, or you peel the whole sticker off and have to use WD-40 to remove the tenacious, sticky residue. Ugh.

Wonderful lip gloss for the price (paid $1.99).
Very shiny, not sticky, stays on the lips for a good amount of time.

on 4/18/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Returned a Bobbi Brown crystal lip gloss for this one. You can't beat the price!! This is much less sticky than the BB one. In fact, it has hardly any "stick" at all! The only reason it gets 4 lippies is because it's not as shiny as the BB one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipgloss.
the price is amazing, its not sticky.
my favorite color, lol, CLEAR :)
matches any skin tone.
but you have to keep applying it. but im okay with that.

on 6/9/2008 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Love this little cheap lip gloss. It's shiny and is not sticky, which I hate. For the most part, it's easy to apply with the wand. Delivers the right amount of shine without making you look too "greasy." I don't understand why anyone would spend over $3 on clear lipgloss when this is out there. Will forever be a staple.

on 3/12/2008 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I really like this lip gloss especially for the price - it lasts but doesn't feel thick or gluey and works really well for me over my current favorite lipstick - L'Oreal Endless Colour - In the Buff. I do agree with some other reviewers though that there is a smell...I don't find it offensive enough not to use it and it goes away immediately so it's not like it lingers. I have not noticed this smell with other WNW lip glosses so I was surpised by it which made me think maybe I got a bad tube but since so many other reviewers have mentioned it I guess not.

on 12/29/2007 10:03:00 AM

Love the staying power of this gloss. It is thick and stays on my lip really well. My hair does get stuck in it which I equate to a really good, thick lip gloss. I do not like the fact that mine leaks and I cannot carry it in my bag. Will repurchase. I like this gloss better than the higher end clear glosses for the $$