MAC Eye Kohl - Resort

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.3

Very bummed about the lack of staying power of this product. It is a gorgeous dusty magenta purple, which looked WICKED on my green eyes when I applied it. Unfortunately, within an hour I could barely detect the product at all even though I had applied a primer first. I even went and bought MAC Vibrant Grape eyeshadow to wear over top, but it changed the color a bit too much and pushed it into "bruisy" instead of "pretty".

Returned both the liner and the shadow. Still hunting for this unique eyeliner color. I don't get why MAC still makes kohl liners, when their powerpoint and pearlglide formulas are so superior to this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

If you like different or noticeable colored liners, hey, get this. It is a pinkish purple color, and it's cute I guess, but personally for me a little cartoon-y. I was in this "I love MAC and want different-colored liner" phase when I got this so that's the story behind why it's in my collection. I still love MAC and their pigmented shadows, and I am all down for purple, but aside from just being a pretty purple color, it looks more like it's wearing me, not that I'm wearing it if that makes any sense. Something this purple is fine but beware, can look kinda costume-y. While it didn't look unflattering on, I can see it working more for some people more than others. I like the quality of it, but I rarely wear it.

on 6/2/2005 1:06:00 PM

Fantastic shade to make green eyes POP. Looks a lot like a Lancome one I bought but had to return as it faded immediately.