Paul Mitchell Super Strong daily shampoo

Paul Mitchell Super Strong daily shampoo

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Disodium Soyamphodiacetate, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Sodium Xylene Sulfonate, Isoceteth 20, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract (Nettle), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Prunus Serotina Bark Extract (Wild Cherry), Wheat Amino Acid, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Polyquaternium 10, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone,

on 11/19/2017 9:47:00 AM

This is the best shampoo I’ve used. My hair is porous and damaged from bleaching. I had to cut fried pieces off and basically rock mini bangs for a while because my hair was so damaged. This shampoo (and conditioner) has made my hair feel healthy again. The hair stylist who cut my hair for me suggested I start using this. After a few weeks, I went back to her and she commented that my hair felt so healthy now and did not feel damaged like it did when she first saw it. This is expensive but I’ll keep buying it because it works.

on 7/26/2017 2:26:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

ive been using this and nothing else to wash my hair for at least two years now. so i can't really remember what my hair was like before.

i do remember though that back when i suffered from excessive oil production on my scalp and face, this shampoo seemed to remove the oil without drying my hair out completely, which i loved. it seemed almost slightly moisturizing, like a conditioning shampoo. my hair is also incredibly shiny, though i rarely heat style it. and it smells like tea to me. i love the smell.

as for strengthening benefits, i have always had very fine, breakage-prone, eternally-shedding hair. i still lose hair all the time, i still have a small halo of frizz when i stand in front of a light source. my hair definitely looks healthy and i feel better about using this than $2 shampoo from the drugstore, but i dont think it is life-changing necessarily. it's just what i'm used to and i dont really have a desire to try anything else. i like to buy cruelty free products and it can just be such a hassle to find good hair care products that aren't tested on animals, so for now i'm satisfied with using this.

i will say, im not a huge fan of the conditioner. but i'm not a fan of conditioner in general. like i said, my hair is fine, so it gets weighted down pretty easily. but i do still use it once every few weeks to keep my hair from getting too dry.

on 4/2/2015 9:33:00 AM

HG Shampoo. I use this once a week (rotating with shampoo two), and have noticed a big difference in my hair. My hair was thin, prone to breakage and is very flat due to it being so thin! After using this for lets say 1-2 months I noticed my hair isn't falling out as much, my hair has volume (which I never get unless I blow dry it!), and is growing thicker? Well that's at least what my hair dresser/mother have said. I shampoo twice as the first time just simply lifts the dirt, oils etc and the second time actually cleans my hair. It is pricey if you don't get a deal or discount, I would tell you to buy from ebay or amazon but I don't trust any other stores except a salon one because of horror stories of people switching the products. Use this shampoo if your hair is exactly like mine, you will notice a difference. This was my first real expensive shampoo since high school and 10 years later I have tried many others but I still go back to this because it does it job. Love Paul Mitchell <3 (Conditioner from this line, Tea Tree Line, and Shampoo two are all my favs!)

on 5/24/2016 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am editing my review after using this more and I still love this shampoo. It is so easy to rinse out and smells light and pleasant. No shedding in the shower like most sulfate shampoos do. I can not say one bad thing about this. I look forward to shampooing and I sometimes shampoo twice a day for it relaxes me. I also have the daily volume body shampoo which is just as good

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Very good shampoo - It really strengthens the hair. I used it and not one hair came out! I recommended it to my mother, who had been experiencing hair fall and after trying many shampoos, this was the one that stopped her hair from falling. Strongly recommend :)

I have really thick and long hair thought by using this product I thought it help my hair. My hair is super greasy and looks horrible. I wash it every other day and never flat iron my hair. I love Paul Mitchell but this is not one of my favorite products at all. Love the smell of this but my hair is so greasy.

on 7/4/2012 1:35:00 AM

I am surprised at the reviews stating this made their hair tangly. It was definitely the opposite for me, it made my hair very smooth and silky. Too much so that it weighed my hair down quite a bit. My hair is shoulder length and layered so I like it to be soft and "fluffy" rather than sleek. However, my hair is fine/medium and very healthy so I probably didn't need this much moisture. Plus, it has silicones and my hair does much better with shampoos that don't. It smells amazing though. I think if your hair was color treated and needed some love, this shampoo and conditioner would work just fine.

I have been using this shampoo on and off for the last 4 years. Its the only shampoo that i have tried and trust me i have tried a lot that gives me results that i like. It lathers really well, doesn't leave residue, it adds volume, my hair literally feels stronger when I use this shampoo. I have long thin curly hair and when ever i use this shampoo my hair feels fuller and thicker and my curls come out looking more defined. The ONLY bad thing about this shampoo is that it can be a little drying but if you use it in conjunction with a moisturizing conditioner it wont dry your hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't write reviews too often but after using this shampoo for about a week I felt like I had to share my results. It's too early for me to tell if my hair is getting stronger, but I will say that my hair has been dramatically different after just two uses. I used to use cheap shampoo from walmart, and this is the first time in a long time that I bough salon shampoo. I have curly, frizzy, dry and mostly unmanageable hair. This shampoo has reduced the frizzyness of my hair greatly. I wash and condition with the PM superstrong line and use the super strong liquid treatment when I get out of the shower. I let my hair air dry about half way then I blow it out with a round brush. I used to have to spend so much time blowing it out with the round brush only to have it come out fizzy and have to go back and straighten it all the way through. Now that is not necessary at all. I blow it out and it is super smooth. I just use my flat iron on my bangs and a few pieces around the front and I'm good to go! I love this line so much and will definitively continue to buy!

I have fine, highlighted hair where the roots get oily and the ends get dry.

This was my first true experience with salon shampoo - I bought after my hair was breaking from split ends. My hair felt fuller immediately, and styled so much better. I did notice my hair seemed healthier (used with PM's moisture conditioner -- a really good combo).

Since then, I have tried other salon brands (Nexxus, Aveda, Bedhead, Ion) and this is still my tried and true. Feels great in the shower, makes my hair soft. This is definitely suitable for daily use, but still gets a great clean (I can attest to this - tried Chromalife shampoo and it left nasty buildup in my hair -- one wash with this stuff was enough to clean it and make it shine again).

Will always try new products, but I know I will always keep this in my arsenal for use. Great shampoo.

Popular Shampoos